Friday, October 24, 2008

Im bringin cool back.....


I drive one of these.. Not quiet as brand new as this one..but still Just as nice!
I am a mini-van driving mom! ( Honda baby!)
My hairdresser recently got one, and she was telling me how giving up her SUV to get a mini van was kinda hard, Shes a young mom of 2 kids in her mid 20's, and she is still The Same Cool Amanda we all LOVE!! but it made me think back to when I did the same thing.. I had a Ford explorer 4 wheel drive( which is what Mandy had as well), and I thought I was a "cool mom".. but then I had to sell it, and get a mini van, something I said I would NEVER do!

My sister in law, was also another mom who said " I will never drive a mini van, those are Mom mobiles".. and guess what.. 6 months after I got mine.. guess who got one?..LOL

I have many mom friends who have said the exact same thing, and yet now they all drive a "mom mobile"..
So it got me thinking.." what is so bad about a mini van?.. They are NOT like the mini vans our moms drove in the 80s at all.They REALLY have came a long way and have sooo many cool features!
I mean sure, we ALL want that cool gas hog SUV, but its just not practical when you have a few kids! or if you want to take many people with you!

So, I say.. Lets bring the COOL back to Minivans!.. I would like all my fellow mini van drivin moms to raise your cup of coffee,( or whatever your drinking right now).. and lets declare.. " we are bringing "cool" back to driving the mini van..

In the Immortal words of my awesome hubby.. " I make this Van look good"..ha ha

5 comments:

Happy said...

We have so much in common, Mitzy. I'm pimping the Odyssey also.

Sssh...don't tell me fellow Toyota workers!!!

(I traded in a Toyota Highlander to get my Honda mini-van. Sniff, sniff. I really liked it, but I love my van, too.)

I especially love the dual power sliding doors.

AmberDenae said...

My second car was a mini van and I was uhhh...17! Imagine that?! I hated it at first cause everyone called me "Soccer mom" and "Taxi" when I wanted to be that "cool" teen driver with the "cool" car. But then I really got used to it and LOVED it! All my friends could fit and road trips were a blast! It was a 2001 plymouth voyager and it was free! God totally blessed me with it. We eventually sold it and I got a total crap car and missed my mini van! I have a Ford Escape now...a mini SUV and I love it. I'm sure one day when I'm married with kids I'll drive a "cool" mini van again! I do like the Honda Odysseys. They are nice!

You're a totally cool mom with a totally hot mini van! ;)

Anonymous said...

Just thought I would let you know that I want to get one! I drive a passat now and with Cole coming soon we'll have no room. We're looking for a nice minivan because it has more seating than most SUVs and will allow us to fit more people is needed. Any suggestions??
-Alicia

Anonymous said...

Hey Alica!
We drive a Honda Oddessy, and I LOVE it! We got an incredable deal on it, that we bought from an older couple!!!!..The newer ones can be pricey, so If Honda is what you want, I woudl say look for an older one.. Hondas LAST forver!!!

Any Minvan made by Crysler is nice too!

Before we got the Honda, we also considered a Kia Sedona.. They Drive VERY nice, and they have that Awesome 10 year warrenty!!!!

You will LOVE having all the roomy space in a van..
We went on vacation in the summer , and we had all 3 of our boys, and my mom, plus all our luggage, cooler and stuff, and we had TONS of room, AND everyone was so comfy!

Good luck on the van search!

Welcome to the "mom mobile " club!..haha

Keep me posted!!!!

Mitzy

Anonymous said...

There is nothing like 200+ HORSEPOWER when I drive the grocery getter !! Sure beats the station wagons when I was a kid. Remember the fake woodgrain on the side !?!?!?