Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fall Festival rip off!!!....




We took the boys to the Apple orchard today.. My Plan for this whole thing, was a nice family outing without spending a bunch of money right??... WRONG!!!!

We got there, and boy was it packed!!!!.. Everywhere you walked there was people!
Everything was so overpriced as well!..
Hayrides- $3 bucks a person ( which isn't too bad), but it was only a 7 min ride!.. we didn't go on that..

The corn maze- $5 bucks a person!.. Paul took the older boys for that.. and I must say.. they did have a blast!!.. It was a Indian jones theme thing, that you had to find stuff, and dig up dinosaur eggs..haha

There were kids play areas, BUT they was a fence around them, and you couldnt play on them, unless you went through the corn mazes first!!.. talk about RIP off!!!

The 'bag your own apples area" was jammed packed with people.. I was going to get some, until I saw how much they wanted.. 10.50 for a 5 lb bag!!.. and the wait in line for the cashier was about 15 mins!!.. something I was NOT doing with Luca who had a 25 min nap!

The only "FREE" thing they had was the Beautiful hillside view you see in the above pics!.. It was really pretty.. but Not worth the cost of everything else, in my opinion..

We stopped at Subway before we got there for lunch, and I packed a bunch of snacks, water bottles and juice boxes.. which I am Glad I did!
It was HOT today.. 80 degrees!..

If we would have ate lunch there, went on the hayride, and did all the other activities, it would have cost us about 100 bucks or more!!.. all for an Apple orchard??.. Umm no thanks.. I could have taken the boys to a Hotel, swam at the pool all day, and ordered a pizza for less than that..LOL

I did get a half gallon of apple cider for 3.50.. wow.. what a bargin huh?..haha.. and its not even that great tasting!!!

It was a Beautiful day today though!.. The boys had a awesome time in the corn maze scavenger hunt, and the car ride there was relaxing and so pretty!!..but ...Note to self .. we will NOT being going back to that orchard!..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw :( I'm sorry you guys didn't have a better time there. :(
They should have just charged one flat price of like $5-$6 to get in which included everything! (except the apples of course) That reminds me of this "petting zoo" and kids playground park thing we went to earlier this year, it was $4 a person to get in and when we got there all they had were goats and horses BEHIND an electric fence which you couldn't even pet or feed!! We were like what the heck!? I want a refund!! lol.. At least the corn maze wasn't disappointing!! Those are always so much fun :)

AmberDenae said...

Awwww man!! How disappointing!! :(
Glad the corn maze was fun. It's hard to enjoy fall-like events when it's hot outside, well it is for me at least! I'm ready for cool weather!!

I hope the rest of your weekend went great! :)

Shayne said...

I know we have the same kind of rip off orchards on our area too. It is such a joke.