
Today is the first day of Autumn..
The leaves are starting to change here in Lovely Ohio..
and you all know what this season means??
*cool, crisp days, and evenings ( time to break out the sweaters and hoodies)
*Trips to the Apple orchards for Fresh apples, and apple Cider!!...Yummmmm
*Trip to the Pumpkin patch, and corn maze trails!
*caramel apples!!!!!!
*Pumpkin pies....( oh baby!)....
*and lets not forget the Best part.. The absolutely beautiful scenery that can be seen when all the leaves change colors on the trees!!.. I like to call it Gods painting of the trees!
The downside to all this is, the leaves DO fall off, and the trees are bare and ugly, BUT then it becomes Christmas season and fresh snow on the trees which is really pretty! :-)
4 comments:
Ahhhhh, I am SO envious that you get a pretty fall :(
Florida does not get so pretty- at all!!
I used to live in WV and my mom is actually from Akron, OH and Oh my are the autumn and winter seasons beautiful up there!!! I miss it terribly!
Fall and winter are my favorite times of year- I love the colors, sights, smells and tastes of the season. You have given me a craving for apple cider and pumpkin pie now...so yummy!!
Happy Fall!! =)
your mom is from Akron?..I litteraly live within 15 mins from there!.. talk about a small world huh?!
I can mail you some leaves once they are in "full Bloom", if you want?
You have NO idea how much this post makes me want to move back home! I miss the apple orchards (and the cider!) from New Castle & the pumpkin farms in Ohio were so much fun! The smell of the trees during this time of the year are awesome too! Nathanael and I have been talking about how much we miss the 'first snow' of the year and how Christmas shopping here in Florida just isn't the same w/o snow on the ground. :( This is our second year here and I don't think it will ever truely feel like "Home" to us.
I'm glad we're here for the Ministry and it's the best place for Nathanael's schooling, but I will always love it up north. Cold or no cold, I love change of seasons so much! =) Even Nathanael misses it up there (a true southerner) he said his best memories are the two years we lived in Ohio (with snow!!) and had our fresh cut Christmas trees each year! haha. I can't wait to come back to visit.. I hope it won't be too much longer =)
btw...
(In the winter, I miss wearing hoodies & sweaters for longer then 3-4 hrs a day b/c it's 70+ degrees by noon time here!!)
It is a small world! Yep, she was born in Akron and she lived there until she was 12 and then her family moved to Buckhannon, WV. Her parents pastored and they actually moved the entire church from Akron to Buckhannon. It's a really neat story!
I have lots and lots of family in Akron. My grandma had 14 brothers and sisters and so most of my extended family lives there. We used to go to Akron every summer for family reunions! Good memories :)
Yess, I would love for you to send me pictures!! =) amberc87@hotmail.com
I miss the seasons up north so much!!
Post a Comment