Tuesday, September 23, 2008

2nd Grade homework, and Im already stumped!!!...


Dante' came home today with a sheet of homework about Addition number stories

The paper says this..
"tell someone at home what you know about addition number stories, labels,unit boxes, and number models. Write an addition number story about each picture. Write the answer and a number model.

TO WHICH I SAY ...SAY WHAAAA ???????/... huh??

Seriously folks, this is 2nd grade, Am I really supposed to be stumped and confused on my child's homework yet??.. Isn't that something that will happen when he is in high school, and bringing home calculus crap??

Dante', bless his heart, tried to explain it to me, but even he didn't totally understand all of it, and I cant say that I blame him for NOT knowing!..

whatever happened to basic math for the younger grades?..

Do any of you know what this is?.. Can you help me ?..

2 comments:

AmberDenae said...

Yikes. I'm sorry i can't remember
2nd grade math =/ I have no idea what that is and I certainly don't remember ever having to do them. Good luck on your endeavor. Maybe try googling "addition number stories".

Is that where you have to like draw the pictures or actually write a story? Oh dear, I don't know.

I excelled in english and did relatively well in math but it was not my strongest subject by any means! haha

Best of luck!

Happy said...

I didnt understand second grade math in second grade.

I don't leave home without my calculator.

Cause I totally look like a fool counting on my fingers and toes!