
Hurricane Ike ripple effects came through our neck of the woods, We had HIGH winds on Sunday during the day that got worse at the night went on!
There were reports of 70 mile an hour winds through Ohio!
There was No damage to our house, Thank God!
Paul's work however, has been having some problems.. None of the buildings were damaged, but the power lines were down.. 1 building has power and the other one( which Paul is in), has none!
He went to work on Monday and his boss sent all the computer guys home.. They hooked up some computers through the generator so payroll girls could do their work
So, what does all this mean?.. The bad News... everyone is kinda scattered all over the building till the power comes on, and they had to bring in a HUGE generator to get more things running.. the Electric company is saying they may not get things fixed up till Sunday!!..
The Good news.. I got to have my Hubby home for 2 days!!!.. He had to work from home still, but It was nice having him here with me and Luca!.. we got to go to breakfast on Monday, which was very nice!.. we haven't had any dates in a LOOOONG time!
Its amazing how much damage can be done with just 70 mile hour winds, I can only imagine what people are doing with these Hurricane's that hit!..So many familes lost everything!.. Its so Sad!
We need to keep them ALL in our prayers!
3 comments:
Wow, that is crazy! I have a friend in WV who said they got ripple effects from Ike as well.
I hate hurricanes. We have had so many since I have lived here in Florida and they are NO fun by any means.
During hurricane Ivan in 20054 we lost power and it was out for almost two weeks! It was dreadful. This time of year is always the worst and we just have to keep our fingers crossed. I guess it's the price we pay for living along the gulf coast. I too feel so sorry and am praying for all of those who lost everything, I can't even imagine.
Hopefully they get everything worked out at your husbands workplace! Glad you got to spend some quality time together! :)
umm I meant to say "Hurrican Ivan in 2004" gahh typos!
Oh my gosh!! I didn't even hear about the winds getting to be that high! That's crazy for Ohio.. The most we've ever experienced in Ohio was 60mph one year and we thought the windows were going to bust in our little apartment haha.
Hurricane Ike spawned some tornados throughout Florida and one actually came pretty close to our house! So we got in the car & chased it!! We got some awesome footage of a funnel cloud about to touch down several miles up the road... It was pretty awesome!! I will have to post the video! =)
I'm glad you guys are OK though and it's good you & Paul got some extra time together out of this =)
Post a Comment