
I am in DESPERATE need of new pots and pans!!! ( or is the "politically correct" term for them "Cookware"??.. haha.. Just like Curtains are now called "Window treatments"..
Anyhoo,Paul and I have been married for a little over 8 years, and I have never broke down and actually bought a good set!
Nobody ever threw us a wedding shower, so we could register for nice household things, so we have had to buy things a little at time over these 8 years..I think the fact that we have 3 kids, might have something to do with the delay on some things!..LOL ( having children defiantly makes ya "rethink" your priorities of spending ) haha
I do have a couple nice pieces, but those were mostly bought, a pan here, a pan there..
Well, I cant put it off any longer, the pans I have are well.. just plain CRAPOLA!.. the nonstick stuff is peeling off ( yes I said I was in desperate NEED)
Here is the Tricky thing.. There is a PLETHORA of cookware out there!!!..Its so hard to know what to buy!.. Non-stick, hard anodized, stainless steel, copper ??
The 2 sets I'm really leaning to is the Rachel ray line of cookware ( LOVE HER).. and the New GREEN PAN stuff ( its supposed to not be made of toxic materials and such)
I also don't want to spend a fortune either!..
I was looking at a website the other day .. the company is All CLAD.. well.. I was in Cookware HEAVEN.. until I saw how much it was!!.. HOLY MOLEY!!!!.
For everything I needed, I added it up and it would have came to approx $2500-3000
yep.. That's what I was thinking too.. say what???...lol.. It is REALLLY nice stuff though.. I can actually say I was drooling over it.. ok , so I wasn't really salivating.. but MAN, Would I be one happy little Chef with that!
So, I am on my search for some good stuff, at a good price!..
I will keep ya posted on my awesome finds!
4 comments:
Hey Mitzy...saw your blog and wanted to share that since I have always been into gourmet cooking, I have always used the good cookware. There is such a diffence in how well food cooks with the higher quality stuff and they last FOREVER. I generally use all-clad and caphalon but about two years ago I bought a couple of Rachael Ray's pans and they can definitely hold their own with the more expensive brands. I would highly recommend them!
I agree with ya that better pans , make better food!!!!
My toss up is between her set, and the Greenpan set from Chef Todd English.. I will let ya know who wins..LOL
I love Rachel Ray and I'm sure anything that she approves of is awesome! :)
However, I know what it is like to be on a tight budget.
To be honest, I don't really have any suggestions. I have yet to buy pots and pans. I still live at home and just use whatever my mom has and whatever they are, they're great! I think they're from target, some sort of non stick stuff.
Good luck on finding high quality, yet affordable non stick pots and pans! :)
I think your are starting the search the right way. Check out the stores to see what you do drool over. Then start a list of the items you need/want most. Now the fun starts. There will be really good brands with good "cookware" normally with "good" prices. But also look online where you can find quality products without the prices of the top brands. Gourmet Standard makes good clad cookware at prices much less than All Clad. Color Cast makes enameled cast irom which is a lot less than Le Creuset. You do not have to solve all your cookware problems at one time. Select your base pieces and then look for sales at online stores to fill in the rest. You can get great quality and still not break your bank.
yogiwan
Your Smart Kitchen
Post a Comment