Monday, September 29, 2008

And the Award for best cookware goes to.....


After a few weeks on doing a little research on cookware, I finally found some!!
It was a Big toss up between Rachel Ray and Greenpan by chef Todd English.

The green pan is what we went with though, although.. I am still planning on buying some of Rachel's pieces in the future!

Here is some info about Greenpan if you have never heard of them ....

Introducing the first cookware to have Thermolon™ nonstick technology! The ceramic based, nano nonstick GreenPan™ 3-piece Steamer Set does not contain any PTFE nor is it manufactured with PFOA. It was developed to be the last cookware you'll have to buy and it won't break down or wear over time. The superior 850-degree nonstick release feature is a first! Because nothing will stick, this cookware allows you to cook healthier with no need for added butters, fats or oils. GreenPan with Thermolon has also earned the Good Housekeeping Seal.

Product Features

Thermolon nonstick - first cookware to have this patent-pending technology
Scratch- and abrasion-resistant
Even heat conductivity throughout the entire cooking surface including the walls
Frypan easily converts to steamer when combined with insert
Steaming allows for lowfat cooking and retention of nutrients
High-heat resistance; oven safe to 850ยบ
Stainless steel riveted cast hollow handles
Lightweight for easy handling and consistent performance
Frypan is made of aluminum 3003
Frypan has Thermolon nonstick interior
Frypan has Thermolon, black, satin-finished exterior
Steamer is stainless steel
Lid is tempered glass with mirror-polished rims
Do not use metal utensils on pans
Do not microwave
Made in China
Dishwasher safe
Good Housekeeping Seal
Manufacturer's lifetime limited warranty
NOTE:

PFOA is a chemical that is used in the manufacturing of traditional PTFE-based nonstick cookware coatings and other products. It is not present in finished cookware products, and there are no health risks from PFOA in cookware. However, because PFOA has been found in the environment, companies have committed to the Environmental Protection Agency to work toward eliminating facility emissions and product content of PFOA by the year 2015. Thermolon™ is made without PFOA. It is made to be eco-friendly for our environment.
PTFE is a chemical found in traditional nonstick coatings. It can begin to degrade at temperatures over 500 degrees, which is why the instructions on traditional nonstick pans generally advise to use them only on low and medium heat. You can use Thermolon™ on low and medium heat like traditional nonstick, but unlike traditional nonstick coated pans, GreenPan with Thermolon™ is also made to be used at high heat (above 500 degrees) for something you would normally use stainless steel or cast iron cookware for. Now you can do it all with one pan!

Sorry this is so long on the info.. but I thought you guys would find it interesting!

You all know how I am all about Herbs, and natural things and these Pans are right up my alley!!!

I even did a short cook test.. I fried an egg on medium high with NO OIL, and it cooked it GREAT!!.. I even squished the yoke around the pan some to see if it would stick, and WOWZEERS was I impressed!!!.. The egg just slid out of the pan!.. and The ultimate test was clean up.. I literally took a paper towel and wiped it out!!!

HSN was the only place that was selling them, until now!.. Target just got a few pieces in!
You don't have to buy the whole set if you don't want, they have a few single fry pans to try it out !.. A 12" fry pan is about 40 bucks, which seems kinda high, but its really not, because you wont have to buy another one!!

You gotta try them!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh heck yes! This cookware is like you said, awesome! We haven't broken down and bought any new pieces of ANYTHING in quite a while... Bed Bath & Beyond (love that store!!) is where I got mine a couple yrs ago, but they aren't as cool as what you have! haha.. We're long over due for more pieces tho.
I'm glad you're lovin' your new pans! I've seen 'em on tv and they're really impressive.
I would have done the whole egg test thing too! haha. That's really cool it didn't stick @ all!

Good choice =)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think you guys are in the same boat as us.. Buy house stuff a little at a time..LOL

I LOVE BB & B too!!.. I could spend a TON in that store, couldnt you?!?..LOL

Ask Santa to get you some Greenpans for Christmas!.. Even if he just buys ya a couple fry pans to start off with..
Your gonna LOVE them!!

I already asked Santa to get me this awesome coffee maker by Black and Decker that target had on sale.. ;-) I told Santa I have been a good girl this year... well Sorta good ..:P