Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Rare Gem.....


Today, Paul's parents are celebrating 40 years together!!! That is a MAJOR accomplishment, and something to be VERY proud of!

Many marriages in today's society sadly don't even make it to 10..

George and Judy ( mom and dad) have shown many of us what a real marriage is about!
Its About Love, Honor, respect and true dedication to each other!

These two have been through many good times and bad, through hard times and easy, and their Love for each other has grown even stronger!!

They have 2 children, 6 grandchildren, and 2 Grand babies in heaven..

40th Wedding Anniversary is the " Ruby" anniversary.. and here is a little info I found on the Ruby.....
Throughout most of recorded history, ruby has been the world's most valued gemstone. Even diamond was considered common in comparison to the supreme beauty and value of this glowing red gem. Named from the Latin word for its hue, ruber, ruby is the epitome of the boldest of colors: the gem of desire, passion, courage, and emotion.

I think this describes them very well.. They have desire and passion for each other, and the courage and emotion to devote themselves to each other and their life together!!!

As I watch them , I am always inspired and encouraged to strive to have the kind of marriage they have!..
So, today I want to say HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, and a major congratulations to you both on 40 Wonderful years together!!.. and May you have many many more!!!!

We Love you!!!

2 comments:

Happy said...

What a beautifully written tribute to your in-laws!

Happy Anniversary to them!

Anonymous said...

I really liked the part about the Ruby, I never knew any of that before! That was really pretty.. 40 years is A LOT of time together!! They do seem to have a really great marriage, you're right. When u see or talk to them again tell 'em we said congrats!! =)