Wednesday, April 9, 2008

May I vent for just a bit??.....

I was reading someones blog, and she posted a song that Steven Curtis chapman wrote for his daughter, called Cinderella.. its a very pretty song, and deffinalty , you will need a box of kleenex!!

Here is my question... Why is it that there are sooooo many songs about having a little girl?? I mean dont get me wrong, girls are great!. and certainly more fun to shop for and all that, BUT... boys seem to get the shaft in todays society!!

Here is some observasions I have noticed..
Songs about having a girl, songs for Father/Daughter, songs for Mother/daughter
heres just a few...
*In my Daughters eyes"
*daddys little girl"
*butterfly kisses"
*My girl
*My little girl
*isnt she lovely
*a song for my daughter
The list goes on and on....
and why is it that when you go shopping, the girls clothes section is about 300 square feet, and boys is about a 8x10 area?
Girls toys are about 5 Isles, and boys is about 2 ??

Now, dont get me wrong.. I Love little girls, and all their pretty , frilly clothes, and barbie dolls, and baby stuff...
but as a mom to all boys.. I have noticed how society tends to catere to girls far more than boys...

Does anyone know of any songs about having a son?, or any Father/son, Mother son songs??

And lastly..why is it when a woman is pregnant with a girl everyone gets so excited and in a tizzy of delight.. but when they find out your having a boy.. they look at you like "oh you poor thing" ?!?!?

I have 3 sons, and I Love each of them so much, and I consider it an honor that God choose ME to be their mom, and that he trusted me to raise these little men of mine!
I have an oppurtunity to raise 3 outsanding men, who will be great husbands and fathers someday, just like their daddy!!
talk about a huge responsibilty huh??.. no pressure ..haha

I think its time for society to BRING back the importance of having a son, and what fun they really can be!!!

Lets have some mad props for boys!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mitzy and glad to see your blog! "I want to be just like him" by Phillips, Craig & Dean is a great father/son song. Check it out!

Banta143 said...

I have noticed that too! I agree with you, someone needs to start writing more sweet songs about little boys! I have a confession though (don't hate me) I have never once liked listening to the Butterfly Kisses song or the new(er) Cinderella song by Steven Curtis Chapman. (sorry!!) I know they are "sweet" and all, but they just get on my nerves! Maybe it's just b/c our radio station here in Central Florida plays the same stuff over & over & over & over! =)