
NO MORE BOTTLES!!!!!!!!
Luca has been "attached" to his bottle for far too long!.. He carried it around in his mouth most all day.. Literally!.. he took naps with it, and went to bed with it.
( and before anyone says anything.. I know that its NOT good for a baby to go to bed with a bottle).. But when you value your sleep as I have.. you will do anything!
None of my children have been Binkie babies, They all hated them and threw them on the floor.. so the bottle is what worked best.. and I have to say.. Both my older boys did the bottle thing at bed time till they were about 2 1/2.. and they both have beautiful teeth, with zero cavities!!..
Besides, its not like I gave him Koolaide or POP in his bottle, I made him chamomile tea at night
Anyway.. that being said.. he is Now OFFICIALLY using ONLY his sippie cup!
We hid all the bottles. and he has gone 2 whole days with not one!!
HE still goes to naps, and bed with the sippie cup, but, he usually doesn't drink much.. its always been a "comfort thing".. But we will eventually work on going to bed with no aides!
So, it is a GOOD week here in the Schwarz house!.. no more bottles for Luca man!! YAY!, I'm especially Happy.. because he did this Way before he turned 2 !!!..
4 comments:
Congrats!
I never would have thought to give the kids chamomille tea before bed...does it help relax them????
Should I try it with Noah?
Oh he is a bugger to put to bed.
Hey Rebecca!
yes Chamomile tea is great, or you could try celestail seasonings Sleepytime tea!!!.. It does work good!.. Try putting 2 tea bags in teh cup, and let it steep for about 10-15 mins, and put it in his cup!!
Hope that helps!!!
my boys go to bed with their mugs of water. so do their parents. we love our water at nighttime. loooove it!
go luca!
ps. i love sleepytime tea. mmm.. with honey. mmmmm.....
almost as good as my "you barely need a recipe for it ham and bean soup" wink wink.
Post a Comment