Dominic is OBSESSED, and I don't use that word lightly.. he is Obsessed with batteries!!!..
This boy will take everything apart just to get the batteries out!
He has taken apart every remote we have ever owned, and broke the cover where the batteries go!..this is no lie.. we have tape on EVERY single remote in this house!.. NO JOKE!
I usually buy batteries at big lots or the dollar store, and every time I do.. somehow the batteries turn up missing!
Once.. I was needing a battery for something.. and I couldn't find any, and I knew I had JUST bought some, so I thought, I will go look in Dominic's room, maybe he put them in there?... well.. after doing a little investigating.. I found under his bed, a TIN BOX FULL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!.. There must have been about 40 batteries in there!!!!!!!!!!!
SO, Does this frustrate me?.. YOUR DARN RIGHT IT DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!
But what can I do?.. The boy LOVES to take things apart..How do I stop him from this curiosity?.. I mean.. He may be a engineer or something REALLY big someday, and I don't want to "squash" that ambition!
We are even considering getting him his own toolbox for Christmas.. do you think that's a bad idea??
3 comments:
Give him a box of old electronics, cell phones, regular telephones, alarm clocks and given him a set of screw drivers and replenish the box every couple months. He can take em apart, see how they work, reassemble them, or make a new invention.
Then maybe you can have your batteries and remotes back.
I like Cami's suggestion.
My initial reaction would be along the lines of the squashing the ambition part as I tend to anger quickly....
Not my best attribute, I assure you.
Good luck and I hope you regain possession of your batteries soon!
Thanks for the suggestion girls!
We are gonna get him a few items like that, and make his own "work area" in the basement..
Even though it angers me about the batteries, I am amzed at how smart he is for 5 years old!.. He DEFINATLY has his fathers brains!
Paul can take anything apart and put it back together!
Post a Comment