Thursday, August 7, 2008

Just another day in the life of me....


Alot of you have heard the funny, and crazy stories of my "daily adventures" with my boys..

well. I have another one for you..

on Monday I was listening to our local Christan radio station.. (they have a great morning show)!.. and they were giving us moms back to school tips on saving some money.. well one mom called in to say that Staples was having some good sales!!

10 folders for free, and each one after that just 2 cents!!.. and lots of other stuff for a buck.. Pencils, pens, erasers, glue all that fun stuff..

So, as I'm sitting enjoying my morning coffee I think.. hey. I should go get some before they are gone.. sounds like a good idea right??

I proceeded to venture out with all 3 boys in tow..(I know , mistake # 1..
we get there, and As I'm pulling them all out of the car , i notice Dominic has a shirt on from a couple of days ago, that has sauce spilled on it and I think ice cream?..I ask him.. why didn't you change your shirt like I asked you?.. he says because this is my fav spider man shirt...

I wanted to go back home, but I couldn't because we were already there.. so as I'm walking in.. Im praying " lord, please dont let me see anyone I know.. because.. all 4 of us look like the Beverly Hillbillies!!.. I didn't put Luca's sandals on him, so he was bare footed.. and I had hardly any makeup on, and my hair was in a pony tail..

so, I got all my stuff, and we went up to the check out.. Luca decided he didnt want his bottle of milk anymore, so he threw it on the floor( mistake # 2, me giving him a bottle).. it sprayed milk out .. are you ready for this??.. all over the back of the lady ahead of us. on her BLACK pants!!!!!.. She had white dots everywhere!!!!!!!!!

So I did what any red blooded American mom would do.. I thought , if I make a run for it, she will never know my kid did that!!..
But Then I quickly reminded myself that would NOT be a nice thing to do!

So I told her what happened, apologized, and said how embarrassed I was!!.. I even offered to go get some baby wipes from the car..

Well, This wonderful woman. looked at me and said.. honey, dont worry about it really!.. I have been where you are.. and its totally alright!.. she said.. I can see you really have your hands full!!..

I wanted to sit right down in the store and cry.. but her saying that and NOT getting mad at me, just made my day!!

So there you have it..

All I wanted to do was just run to staples get my stuff and come right back.. is that too much to ask!!...LOL

So to Treat myself.. I ran thru the Starbucks drive thru and got me a coffee!!
I figured , after that ordeal , I deserved a $3.65 cup of coffee!!

1 comment:

AmberDenae said...

Oh wow! That is insane. Haha, the joys of motherhood. I have yet to know what it is like but it seems amazing and rather stressful. :)

What a sweet lady! :)