
Ok.. I get asked this question ALL the time.. "what is it like being surrounded by all boys"...
Its a rather odd question to me, because I am not the only mom that has come along with all of the same sex of children....but if you must know, its a little something like this....
* Boys are not very "gentle" creatures by nature.. they love to throw things, break things, and tear apart things..
Pretty much every wall in my house has some kind of scrape, gash, or smudge!
* Shopping for clothes- its not always that fun, because stores do not offer a wide variety of clothing for them.. if you notice.. the "boys section" is usually like a 8x 10 section, and the "girls section" is half the ding dang store!!!!
so, what I have to choose from is this.. Stripe or solid color, kakie or jeans, buttons on shirt or polo,, and there you have it!!.. nice choices huh?!...NOT
*Feeding them- Boys eat a incredible amount of food!!.. I mean seriously.. where in the world do they put it all???.. I feel like my kitchen has a revolving door on it from 7am to 9 pm ! and they are only 7, 5 and 15 months.. The teen years is going to be FUN!!
( feel free to start making "food donations" to us now)
*smells- I Love a clean smelling house, but it seems like such a hard task to do!.. I have HUGE tubs of Lysol Wipes in each bathroom!!!.. No matter how often I clean the boys bathroom , I can never seem to 100% get rid of that "smell of funk".. that's why it has been dubbed.. " the Stinky bathroom"..
I have to add, we have a master bath off our bedroom, and NONE of the boys are allowed to step foot in their to use it!!!.. I feel, that since I am the only female in this house, that I should be granted at least 1 bathroom that is "boy free".. I mean, there are 2 other bathrooms in this house for them to go potty.. they don't need mine!.. selfish , you may call it??.. I think NOT! :-)
* Noise control- I don't think any of the men in my house ( except for Paul) know what an "inside voice" really is!!
*Fights- Girls usually are hair pullers, slappers, and trash talkers to each other, Boys are TOTALLY different... They poke, push, and then get into an all out "brawl".. which usually has one of them crying out for help, because the other one is pinning them to the floor!..
On a positive note tho, I have to say , that when boys get into a fight about something.. They get over it VERY quickly, and are friends again fast!.. girls, hold grudges and become mean and nasty!
* Bodily noises- I really don't think there is a day that goes by, when someone isn't trying to "invent" a new way to make a fart sound around here!..
So, that is just a small glimpse into "life with all boys".. There is SOO much more.. But, I will share more with you another time..
Now, I must say.. being the only girl around here does have soo many perks!!
* I will NEVER have to do yard work!
* I never have to wash my car!
* I will never have to take out the trash!
* No shoveling snow in the winter, or having to go out in the cold to warm my car up!
* No weddings to pay for!! HAHAHA
* and this is the best... I am the ONLY princess, Heck.. I'm the princess AND Queen all wrapped up in one baby!!
1 comment:
What a blessed "Mom" you are!!! I do remember the days with my boys who are now 47 and 43. WOW! I can't believe it!
Post a Comment