
I LOVE to read, but ever since I became a mom, I don't seem to have much time for it.. I wonder why??...
As you all know from a past post of mine, i LOVE to read books that help me be a better mom and wife..
There are a Plethora ( don't ya love my use of a big word) of books out there on raising kids, marriage and all that.. But here is my "qualifications" for a book that I will actually read!
1.The Author of the book MUST have years of experience on the subject they are writing about!!!!.. ( I Absolutely HATE reading a book, that someone wrote , such as Child raising, and yet that person has NO kids!)... and I'm sorry, But , I don't care HOW many years of college they went to .. unless they actually HAVE their own kids.. i don't want to hear ANY of their advise!!)
2.It MUST keep my attention, such as keep it funny, simple, and REAL!
3.And Lastly, it must be under 300 pages or so..( I want a book that I can easily carry with me, not a book that will put my back out lugging it around!
So, with saying all of that, I found this AWESOME book, that you see above!!.. Her name is Julie ann Barnhill..
It is sooo funny, SO real to life( I feel like shes describing MY life) and Very practical!!!
And .. shes been a mom of 3 kids for over 17 years!!!!.. That qualifies her as an expert in my book.. ( no pun intended)..;-)
You HAVE to go get this book!!!!... I got mine at a local store for only 3 bucks!!, so if you need one ask me, and I will see if they have anymore :-)
Enjoy!
2 comments:
Hi, Mitzy! Too bad I'm never in Ohio! But if you ever come to DC, let me know and I'll meet you there for family pictures. =)
If you're interested in photography courses, check out www.ips.iblp.org. They are an open-enrolling Christian photography school with an incredibly God-centered world-view. They hold classes all over the country. You can contact them about getting a course in your area. =)
Thanks for reading my blog!
You are too sweet, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Perhaps one day I will write one or just combine all of the things I have tucked in my journals and Bibles and I have written on various websites, haha. My grandmother was an incredible writer and poet. She has an exquisite way with words and depicting what it was she felt. I always wanted to be just like her growing up :) I guess my love for writing and poetry was inspired by her, she was a truly amazing lady. I am glad that someone reads my blog :)
You seem to be a wonderful mother and wife. It's funny cause I'm like working and striving towards this insurance career but deep down inside all I really want to do is be a wife, have kids and be a stay at home mom (which my mother was). Anyways, I dunno where that came from but thanks again so much!!
Have a beautiful day!
Post a Comment