
This week our Church is having a awesome camp , its called Royal Family kids camp.. it is specifically for children in our local Foster system that have came from VERY abusive homes!.. These little kids have been Sexually , physically, emotionally abused, and the saddest part is, they are in the age range of 7-12.
This week, our Volunteers are giving these kids a week of heaven on earth!!.. They will have a theme every night, such as Christmas, Birthday party .. because many of these kids have NEVER had a Birthday present or Christmas..
I am not able to stay the whole week at camp, But I am going each night, to be a night relief counselor.. I will be in the cabins from 8:30-10:30ish.. every night , so that the main counselor for that group of girls can get a break and "chill out" for a little bit.
I encourage anybody to ask their local church to sponsor this week long camp for the Foster children in their community!!
My hope is, That I can give some hope to some young girl, even if I can just say something to just one girl that will help her!!
2 comments:
Wow! My whole family is into adoption and I have like 5 cousins who have been adopted. I cannot wait until I get married so I can one day adopt. I want to have children of my own but I just think that adoption is such an amazing thing to do and so admirable. The camp sounds wonderful, it absolutely breaks my heart when I see children and teens who have undergone deprivation and abuse. May the Lord bless you for giving of your time and energy to such an amazing cause. I'm sure it means the whole world to these kids.
Oh and regarding my sister and her tattoo...YES they can do the craziest things! I am the oldest of three girls and I often find myself being more of another mom figure...they often call me "mom". I guess it's just my older sister instinct..haha
But a tattoo? C'mon...that is SO permanent. i was sad to see her once so pure skin covered in ink and forever! :( Love her anyway...of course :)
Post a Comment