Friday, July 25, 2008

Is the grass always greener?....


So many Christians today, never want to be "real" with people!.. They want to always put on their "Happy face", and act like there is nothing wrong..

I know as a christian we are to be speaking the word over ourselves, and stay positive..BUT.. sometimes I think we all take that too far, so much to the fact that we think that others around us must have the "perfect life"...
Guess what??... WRONG!!!!
The grass ISN'T always greener on the other side!!!

WE ALL have problems, and We ALL have daily struggles, that we deal with!!!!

We also have sort of put on a judgmental attitude towards others, by thinking there is something wrong with them if they are getting counseling from someone..

Well, here is something alot of you may not know about me.. I had a difficult life at times growing up, I went through some Crap!.. and as a result of it, it has caused a ripple effect on areas of my life..

For lots of years, I refused to admit, that I needed "help", all for this simple reason... I thought to myself." what will people think of me?.. will they think less of me, and will they think I'm lacking in my Spiritual walk with God??

But a couple years ago, I realized.. There is NOTHING wrong with admitting you need "help" in some areas of your life!!!!..
and Its OK to be Real with one another!!!

There are only 2 people that know every "crappy detail" of parts of my life.. They are My husband, and a VERY dear friend, who I have been getting counseling from..

So here is my challenge for you today..

If you have things in your life that you struggle with and need help.. go get it!!.. Don't be afraid to admit that your life isn't "so perfect looking"...
Find someone that you trust, that will Love you for who you are, and pray for you, instead of judge you!!

My hubby has the BEST saying.."Things are NOT always how they appear"..
and you know what??.. more and more, I am seeing just how true that is!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mitzy: You are one amazing woman, wife, mother, and friend and I am soooooo proud of you! Love you dearly! Tommi

AmberDenae said...

AMEN! That was so good!