
Have you guys had a chance to see this movie??.. if not I HIGHLY recommend it!
Sadly, this movie has gotten some flack for being yet another christian movie with bad acting.. but really.. both Paul and I thought the acting was done pretty well!
here is a couple facts about it, that you might find interesting..
*A church put this movie together with 1200 volunteers!!!.. Kirk was the only "professional actor"
* Kirk did get paid for teh movie, but he gave all the money to a awesome charity thing his wife and him run.. called camp Firefly
*The movie was made with a 500,000 budget..
*The entire movie was shot with 1 Camera !!!!
*In the "kissing scene" they did some "movie majic" and the woman kirk kissed, was actually his Wife doing the stunt double!! Kirk made a vow to NOT kiss another woman in any of his movies! ( pretty cool huh?)
It is a VERY true to life movie, about a married couple who face what soooo many couple are dealing with in today's society.
And It has a POWERFUL message!
I say well done to all those involved with this movie.. you did a GREAT job!
Make a 'in house" date night with your hubby, and rent this movie!!
2 comments:
We really liked Fireproof too! At first I thought the acting was going to be awful, but it actually wasn't bad!! I was kinda impressed. I'm glad u posted that in the "kiss scene" they used his real wife... I got so mad at that part!! haha.
This is a good film though, I also love "one night with the King"... awesome movie!
Good review Mitzy! I will add this to my list of dvds to rent from Netflix when we join soon!
I'm not picky about acting...if it's not animated I think I'm watching something Oscar worthy!
Post a Comment