
This year I woke up to the birds singing, candy and flowers at the foot of my bed, and cupids flying all around shooting love arrows .....WRONG!!!!!!!!!
here is REALLY what I woke up to valentines day.. the sound of my boys arguing ( mind you.. Paul did try to let me sleep in).. but it didn't work.. bummer
So I got up had my coffee,, and as I was sitting at the computer reading some emails, and sipping my coffee.. Paul comes upstairs from the basement and says to me' You have to come help me.. the Basement is flooding!"..
yes, you heard me right..
Apparently our sump pump quit at some point and because of all the heavy amounts of snow we had that melted from the freakish warm couple of days we had.. the ground is saturated..
So the sump pump quit, and the water was all around the edges of the walls, and was starting to go all over the floor!
We were trying to suck it out with our shop vac, and bucket it outside.. but we couldn't keep up!!..
I was just about to have the Fire department come out with a stronger pump.. when it dawned on me to try something.. My dad is a basement waterproof er.. and I have seen MANY sump pumps in my day.. so I unplugged it, and stuck my hand down in the water.. jiggled some stuff on the pump.. I plugged it back in and TADA!!!.. it immediately started pumping all the waster out! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!
My days of a Waterproofers daughter paid off!
So .. the next job was cleaning up the mess.. Thank goodness it wasn't really standing amounts of water.. so we got it cleaned up fairly quickly, and turned on fans to help dry it up!
and just when you thought the day couldn't get any better.. it did!!.. I come upstairs and Dominic decided to take the top part of my vaporizer, that had a tiny amount of vapor oil in it.. and throw it down the stairs and "reel" it back up like he was fishing.. NICE... NOT!!!!!!!!
My steps had water spots all over them.. and lord only knows where the oil dribbles went! Oh. and I have to add.. I was just beginning PMS week.. how nice Right?? wrong!!
after all that craziness.. the day did get better.. I took Dominic to a Birthday party for a boy in his class. and then later that night we ran through Mcdonalds for the kids, and Paul and I had Chipolte..YUM!
We even went and rented a movie and had family movie night,, which would have been perfect .. if for one thing..MOMMY WOULDNT HAVE FALLEN ASLEEP!!!!
Sunday, It was round #2 of the Birthday parties.. I took Dante' to one for a boy in his class... The boys had really great times!.. Dominics was a swimming party at the YMCA.. and Dante's was a Bowling party..not to mention.. pizza, cake, and goody bags at each.. so they walked away happy boys!
So, there you have it.. I don't think anyone can top the ultra HOT Valentines weekend that I had huh??
The Main thing I guess is.. I have 4 great guys ( even though a couple of them drive me MAJOR bonkers).. that will always be my Best valentines!
So , since I really didn't say it amdist all the craziness.. Happy valentines to the best guys a girl could have!.. Pauly, Dante' Dominic, and Luca.. I love you !!
2 comments:
Wow I had no idea, lol.. and here I thought you had this super romantic weekend with minimal stress. :P
Way to go w/the sump pump!! I wouldn't have thought to fix it that way. Sorry you're dealing w/pms too. Like I told u today, think happy thoughts! Think of palm trees & 80 degree weather in 13 days!! :D
I could never stick my hands in a sump pump. Ever. Because, ewwwwww...
That sounded like a busy Valentine's Day weekend! Bless your heart!
Two weeks and you'll be a kept woman in sunny Florida, though!
Post a Comment