Wednesday, February 4, 2009

may I vent?....

I know you are probably tired of hearing this, but I Really have had my fill of winter this year!!.. and I know what you are all thinking.. we live up North, so we just need to accept this weather and go with the flow.. .. But I just need to Vent a bit :-)

I usually get a mild case of cabin fever/winter blues every year during the winter months at some point, but for some reason this year I have had it more!

I think it is mostly due to the fact that we have had a VERY cold winter so far!..
We have had far too many days that it has simply been bitter cold and windy out, so The kids cant really go out and play in it for that long..
and trust me when I tell you.. My boys NEED to burn off some energy!!
We really haven't had much of a "break" in the snow or cold days since way before Christmas..
I usually think the Snow is pretty coming down, and covering the ground, but now its just more snow piled on top of the already huge hard rock mounds of frozen crap.. Dirty snow, YUK!!!!!

I am also anxiously awaiting spring, I cant wait to get my windows open and let fresh air in this house, it feels so stuffy some days, ya know??

Also, with all this time we have been spending indoors, I have noticed a few things
1. we have TOO much crap in this house!,, broken toys, small pieces of toys that I don't know what they go to, ripped books, video games every where.. just junk!
2. My boys are SLOBS!!.. I'm sorry.. I just had to get that out.. I know I need to speak positive about them, but at the moment I am just being honest!..
They are like tornado's running around this house spinning messes everywhere around them..UGH

SO, now that I got that out of my system.. Boy, I feel better already!.. I am about to do some MAJOR purging of junk in this house!
I want my house to be organized.. I know it wont be perfectly clean, or heck, even simply "clean" most days.. I have 3 boys, so I gave up the idea of having a really neat house!..haha

BUT, I want some sort of organization around here, I guess it would be called organized mess??.. the kind that looks lived in, yet, not disgusting, if that makes sense??
I feel like Rebbecca, over at happy Heart Blog, has mentioned.. I feel like I have OCD about cleaning, and yet I don't keep my house in any way perfect looking!.. I just want it to be clean, but don't want to spend all day cleaning it !..LOL

On another note, I am REALLY looking forward to going to Florida!!.. I just need to get out of this cold , gloomy weather for a bit!

I am praying , and asking God to help me come back with better perspective, and gumption to clean and organize my house the way I want it to look!

I know that boys are messy, stinky, and dirty, so I guess the other thing I am asking God for is , to help me be the kind of mom that can look past all that, and be more relaxed!
I always feel bad when I yell at my boys, for making messes, and being sloppy.. I HATE being uptight and edgy with them , when my house , that I just spent a long time cleaning gets trashed in within hours , or even minutes of my hard work!

I long to be a relaxed, calm natured mom!..
I Really need to spend more time in prayer... OK.. lets be real.. I need to spend TIME in prayer everyday.. it is something that I have really let slide, and I HATE it!
I have used too many excuses for Not spending time with God, and I know full well, that if I just Give GOD some of my time, he will help me with the things I need during the day..

This post probably sounds all jumbled , but I just needed to write it down, and vent my frustrations..

3 comments:

Happy said...

Well I think your trip to Florida will help get you some much needed sunshine and when you come back we'll be just a few short weeks away from spring!! Hang in there till then. I get the same way, but I have kind of resolved not to let it dictate my mood...there are plenty of other things to do that besides the weather!


And, what I do with toys is...constantly throw the "junk" ones away and cycle out ones that aren't played with anymore (goodwill...they can bless another family that way), and I even find that rearranging them helps.


Cheer up Mitzy!

Anonymous said...

Yeah I agree that coming down here will help you with those winter blues :) Don't feel bad, I deal with the same thing about wanting a perfect house (for just one whole day even!!) that's not always possible w/kids, as u know. It's good to just do the best you can, and let the rest go :) Who cares about a few toys here & there, that's not a TRUE mess, anyway! Garbage, dirty plates everywhere, dirty clothes on the floor, over flowing trashcans (and toilets haha) that's a messy house! Yours is perfection compared to all that.

I think you do an awesome job as a Mom, and wife. - Even if you doubt yourself somtimes =)
As far as praying goes, I'm upping mine too. We need to give God more then just a few minutes everyday - seriously.

**Only 23 days left!!! :D

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with ya! I have never longed for sunshine and warm weather more than I do now...plus it puts me in a better mood! By the way, you inspired me to start the blogging back up!