Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A couple good reads..



I Love to read, but it seems these days I don't have much time .. I wonder why? ;-)


I love self help books from Joyce Meyer, and Dr Phil, things like that.. But lately I have been on a kick of finding " Mom" books.. the ones that daily encourage, or give tips on raising these rug rats..er.. I mean.. these Little Blessings of mine :-)



My 2 recent favs are the ones above!!..

I think these days ALOT of parents do NOT give their children Boundaries, and let them do whatever they want and basically rule the house.. BAD IDEA!!
There was a passage that really stood out to me from this book.

Parenting has to do with more than the present,you are preparing your child for the Future.
A persons Character is ones destiny..

Defiantly makes us stop and really "think" about who we are raising our children to be!!..
The other one is bringing up boys by James Dobson.. it is a GREAT read even if you don't have boys.. it will help you understand why Boys do the things they do and act the way they do!!


So, these are my recent favorite reads.. what are yours??







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to get the Boundries with kids book. Nathanael says I might have a slight problem with the word "NO!" when it comes to things Cayden loves doing. Like playing with the water hose, only for 3 hours a day lol.. I agree, I gotta work on the "no" thing with stuff like that! I just love seeing him happy though!! *Sigh*

Anonymous said...

I did notice that, when you guys were here at Christmas .. Like when It was time for cayden to go to bed, and he said no because he wanted to stay up and play, and you didnt want to make him...LOL

We moms all want to see our kids happy, thats what makes it so tough to enforce strict rules!..

My problem has been, I give them a punishment, and I feel bad for following through such as , a grounding.. its makes me feel bad to see them sad..
Thats why I love this book!.. it reminds us, that all our hard work will pay off, and we will have respectful adult children!! :-)

You gotta read the bringing up bosy one too!!.. Its so good!