Friday, December 5, 2008

Worst Christmas songs....



There are sooooo many Christmas songs , and Hardley any other songs for any other Holiday.. isn't that weird?..

I Love Christmas music, as you can tell, by My blog.. I have been listening to it since way before Thanksgiving!
But there are a few I can NOT stand.. They are as follows....

* I wanna a hippopotamus for Christmas- I don't know if its just the song, or the person singing it, but ugh its BEYOND stupid!.. and wouldn't ya know, the one night we were coming home, and Luca was fussy in the car.. it came on the radio and he stopped fussing Instantly!.. Normally I would have Immediately Shut that song off, But hey I was Frazzled, and desperate times call for desperate measures.. and it kept him quiet!

* Grandma got ran over by a Reindeer- umm.. I don't really know what to say about this one.. But .. Seriously????

* I'll have a Blue Christmas without you- oh man.. talk about Instant depressing feeling as soon as it comes on!

* So this is Christmas- yet another Depressing song, all Thanks to the "depressed John Lennon years".. and to think.. the Beatles music was actually cool once!

* last Christmas- Ok.. So the thought of George Micheal singing this song, and NOW knowing he was probably singing it to one of his boyfriends is just Gross!!!.. And here all us young girls in the 80s thought that stubble bearded man was singing to us ladies.. Thanks Georgee poo.. you really let us 80's chicks down...

* Santa baby- Marilyn, Madonna, whoever else sang it, seriously Please STOP!

well, I know there is lots more Other stupid songs , that speak Nothing of the Lords birth, or happiness.. but those are just on the top of my list

5 comments:

AmberDenae said...

Haha, I agree!

I love the Christmas songs like Oh Holy Night, O come, O come Emmanuel, White Christmas, The Christmas Song, Have yourself a merry litle christmas, Silent Night...all those good ones!

Have you ever heard "Breath Of Heaven"? I think it's one of my all time favs. Love it!!

There are so many good Christmas songs out there but the radio seems to repeat all the stupid ones, haha.

Anonymous said...

I have heard Breath of Heaven, I LOVE it.. and faith Hills New " A baby changes Everything'.. SOOO pretty!!!

Happy said...

I am such a huge fan of Amy Grant's Christmas music. I have her cd in the car now and I. can't. stop. playing. it.

Love it.

And I also dislike the Beattles Christmas song...a real downer, for sure.

But Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer...kind of a classic, Mitzy. We like to change up the words. But we're also a little weird. ;)

Crafty P said...

how could you forget that ridiculous song sung by the most annoying cartoon animals in the world... The Chipmunks. Oh I can't recall the name, but trust me, it get's nixed faster than you can blink in our car.

although a funny and classic song, "Mele Kalikimaka" can get on my nerves depending on the frequency of it by Christmas Day.

Anonymous said...

Sheesh. I feel horrible for loving Santa Baby AND I wanna hippopotamus for christmas. (I know all the words.)