Thursday, December 18, 2008

Shampoo search...

For years I could use about anything on my hair, when I started coloring it, I would use Pantene, or Infusium 23, and they always worked really well..

But over the past year, I have noticed my hair is dried out , and tangles when I get out of the shower.. I hate that!.. I could swear we had well water, even though we Pay for city water!.. and I dont drink as much water as I should....

I have tried so many shampoos, Pantene, Aussie, Loreal color vive, Tresseme', Dove, Shampoos from Sally's, and I even bought really good ones from the Health food store in hopes of having healthy hair care..

I know lots of people who say.. oh try this salon brand.. But I honestly believe that many of those " salon froo froo shampoos".. are mostly hype!! Average shampoo, with an Expensive label, to make woman feel like we are actually doing something great for our hair, and guarentees us to have Goddess hair...yeah right!..lol

About the only Salon shampoo that seems to work is Paul Mitchell, but I don't want to pay the extra price tag!.. But I still want pretty, soft , silky hair!!

So, I think I have Finally found 2 things that work!






The Organix line of hair care, can be bought just about anywhere!!.. I tried some, because both bottles had 5.99 rebates, so I figured, If I don't like it.. they will be totally free!
and The Garnier Fruitis conditioner makes my hair soft, and no tangles!!

I love going to Paula Begouns website ( she wrote the book, don't go to the cosmetic counter without me).. She gives you the best reviews on "drugstore" products, that works just as well, if not better than the high end so called fancy beauty products!

I am all about saving money, and being thrifty, ( hey, I have 4 men to feed in my house, and Im a stay at home mom, which means, we have 1 income )... So I am all about finding great products, without all the "expensive fluff".. that really do work!!

What beauty bargains are your favs??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this, I love product review sites like this one. I wanna try out the Shampoo you're taking about. I'm still using WEN by Chaz Dean 'Sweet Almond Mint' - I beyond love it, but it gets kinda expensive even when I buy it in bulk. It would be great to find something a lil' less pricy! :)

Happy said...

Oh boy...

Well, when I have my hair color treated by my hair girl I like to splurge for Biolage in the liter bottles. I have a friend who has a license to go to those Beauty Supply Stores (not Sally's...one step up from that I guess) and she gets them 50% off for me.

When I have roots from here to high heaven (like right now) I use...brace yourself, Head N Shoulders two in one. The smooth and silky kind. I love it.

I also use a regular conditioner on my ends after that...Dove, or whatever's on sale when I'm shopping for it!

I like the looks of that Oranganix stuff...never heard of it, but I'll give anything a whirl.

Happy said...

Oh...but I obviously don't have the best hair in the world to judge by.

and, I've never used Pantene...I heard it's horrible for your hair.

Something about it strips the moisture from it, but I don't know...could be just a bunch of hype.

Crafty P said...

Now that is interesting b/c I heard a good review on garnier fructis and tried the shampoo and did not like it at all.
I went back to my favorite Infusium.
I use Paul Mitchell THE Conditioner and have for about 15 years now. love that stuff.

Tresemme hairspray, not the squirty kind, would that make it an aerosol? is my fave, hairspray!

I'll have to check out Paula's website! thanks for the rec.
THat conditioner sounds yummy, too!