I was reading this article on yahoo news..
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080501/people_nm/models_dc
Its really disgusting to see things like this!.. Our country, and the world for that matter.. but it seems like America is even more obsessed with this!
Don't get me wrong.. Giselle is a beautiful woman.. but to be paid 35 million dollars for her looks???? What Message does that send to girls.. strive to be beautiful and get paid for it??.. its no suprise why so many girls have eating disorsers, and EXTREMELY low self esteem!!!
Our country sends such a Horrific "image" of what is important in life!
Sports players get paid MILLIONS for throwing a ball around, something that millions of people do just for the fun of it, and exercise!
Woman are being paid MILLIONS for their looks.
Actors are being paid MILLIONS for being in a movie, that maybe took 3-4 months to shoot.
Singers are being paid MILLIONS , to use the voice GOD gave them!
I don't have a problem with all of these people being paid well for the jobs that they do.. BUT the MAJOR problem is that THIS is the message that is out there for our kids..
If you become one of these things, then you have REALLY made something of your life.. How Sad!
There are sooo many people in this country working VERY hard to support their families, and they are happy with their jobs and their lives!, and they dont get acknolaged for it or awards!
I want big things for each one of my children in life.. but the "big things" I want are not what most parents want I guess??
I want my children to each be serving GOD with their whole life, be hard workers in whatever they do, and have character!..
I don't want to push my boys into becoming the next BIG superstar singer, or the next Greatest sports star!..
I think so many kids these days feel that silent pressure, that they HAVE to really "BE" someone to make their parents proud!
My hopes and Goals with my boys is to ALWAYS make them feel that they are special to me, no matter what career choice they choose, And that we as their parents will support them!!
Yes, I want each one of them to be a "success" in life.. but I think So many people have truly forgotten what is the true meaning of Success!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I figure with all the grief my boys have put you through we at least owe you a mustang some day -
Chiggy says "gold plated"
Amen Brotha!
Post a Comment