Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Boys....

What are little boys made of?
Frogs, and snails, and puppy dog tails
That's what little boys are made of

I don't know so much about the this so called cute little poem, but as a mom of all boys, I think I can re-make the "what are boys made of" poem..
It would go a little something like this..

What are little boys made of
Messes, and dirt, dirty socks galore
That's what little boys are made of
Daredevil stunts, with trips to the ER
That's what little boys are made of
Fighting and wrestling, being pinned on the floor
That's what Little boys are made of
Bodily noises followed by non stop laughing
That's what little boys are made of

I get asked all the time, what is it like to have all boys? I cant quite put it into words what life is like, so all I can say is it is a Daily adventure!!

I have 3 boys as most of you all know..

Dante'- He is almost 7.. he is very smart, and a major people person like me!.. For the most part he is laid back, easy going, and is very compilable .. He is always concerned about how people treat him, and he has a very tender heart! He is like all boys in the fact that he tests my patience and questions my authority.. BUT I usually only have to correct him once about things..

Dominic- He just turned 5.. he is how shall we say.. VERY inquisitive!!.. He is a very sweet boy, but has a daredevil , very adventurous side to him!.. He is very smart as well!.. he Loves to take things apart to see how they work..He has a tender heart too, but it is usually overshadowed by his strong will to be right about everything!
He only thinks on the level of life is all about doing fun things, without thinking about what the consequences are , You will Hear about LOTS of adventures in the near future.. because Trust me.. the stories i have of him are TOO good not to share!! ;-)

Luca- He just turned 1.. even though he is still so young, I can already see his personality coming through!!.. he is VERY determined to get what he wants. and when he doesn't get it, his whole world is crushed!.. he is a very Sweet baby though, i guess I cant really call him a baby anymore because he is walking now,so I guess that qualifies him as a Toddler.. anyway.He has been pretty much the easiest baby of all three.. but that might have something to do with the fact that hes the 3rd, and by the time I had him, I was pretty much a pro at taking care of a baby boy!.haha

I get asked some REALLY dumb questions too!. Such as..

* are you gonna try for a girl?
*wow.. 3 boys.. I bet you feel outnumbered huh?
*How in the world do you handle them all..( to which I say.. uh.. 1 day at a time.. how else am I supposed to??)

And my all time favorite" stupidest statement of all" is.. when someone who has daughters , tells me.. how I really Should "try for that girl".. because there is nothing like the bond between a mother and daughter...
Oh man.. That makes me want to slap them upside the head!.. I mean.. like I don't know that a having a little girl would be great!..But why is this society sooo consumed with what is considered" the perfect family"?? I think the "perfect family" is what God gives you.. NO MATTER WHAT THE SEX OF The CHILD!!!!!!
Ok.. I better stop now.. that subject is a whole other post!...LOL



having all boys, is defiantly not how I pictured my life when i as growing up, BUT God had other plans for me!..I love each one of them, and pray that I will be the best mom for them, and raise them to be strong, healthy, God serving men, and the BEST husbands and fathers, a girl could ever have!


2 comments:

Crafty P said...

YEah for Moms of ALL boys!!!!

You're a great mom! They sound very like very normal (although very special)& healthy boys!

God has blessed you with the perfect family!

My husband's favorite reply to "are you going to try for the girl" is, "YES, TONIGHT!" ha! we don't use it too often, but wouldn't it be funny?

Anonymous said...

I Love your Husbands answer!!!.. Im gonna start using that one!..haha
Us moms of all boys gotta stick together ;-)