Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the level of Fakeness in today's society?
I don't remember this happening this bad when I was growing up, do you??
I know Hollywood and all the Celebrities have a Huge influence on this, but I believe It starts in our homes, communities, churches etc..
Social Media plays a Huge part in this as well.. Hardly anyone writes letters to anyone anymore, or calls them on the phone.. so much of communication is done through Emails, Facebook, Twitter, and Texting.. Technology can be a useful tool, but it seems it has taken over , and not for the good in alot of cases :-(
How many of you have Facebook accounts, and look through your list of friends, and read their posts.. what do you mostly see?.. You see people posting all the cool places they go, new things they buy, and everything great that is going on in their lives.. Oh.. and they ONLY post "good" pics of themselves, as if that is how they always look!
I call facebook.. "FAKEBOOK".. because that is pretty much what it has become :(..
Don't get me wrong, I like facebook , if it is used right.. But the Communication that people have that way is with rosey colored glasses and they are giving an Illusion of their world to everyone, that is not real!
The other form of fakeness is the Up close and in person kind.. I see so much Hurt in peoples eyes, I see woman suffering in silence because they are afraid to be real, because of what people may think about them..
How did we become a society that would make people feel this way?.. God doesn't feel that way about us, and yet we make people feel this??
I am all about being real!.. I used to live my life, so that people didn't see my hurts, my failures, but Rather , I wanted them to think I "had it all together".. Boy , what a crock!..
I will let you in on a Little secret that will set you free... are ya ready for this?..Its $500 worth of counseling advise for free....
NOBODY HAS IT ALL TOGETHER AND NEVER WILL!!!!!!!
I am a person who had so many past hurts in my life, and I swept them under the rug to not deal with them.. I took these hurts into my marriage, and continued to sweep them under the rug, but eventually life happens, and those dirt piles under my "rug of guilt" became so big, I started tripping over them!!.. but it is because of those big dirt piles and falling flat on my face, that I FINALLY learned to Give everything over to God, and let him fix stuff!.. I can do NOTHING on my own.., it is only through his Grace , that I am where I am!
I became a woman with such low self esteem, and I was afraid to be real with anyone , because I didn't want them to think less of me, but more importantly I didn't want to "shatter my illusion"..
I have been on a journey for over 2 years now, of letting God deep into my hurts, and letting HIM heal them!.. Its not and easy thing let me tell you, but it is Very Vital that we do that!
I have seen so many woman and moms hurting , I can see it in their eyes.. They put up a fake face for everyone, but you can tell alot by looking in someones eyes, and I can see silent pain :-(..
In order to get real with God, we have to FIRST get real with ourselves and those around us.. I'm not saying you have to share every little detail or all your dirty laundry with people.. BUT.. We do need to be open, honest and real with people.. Let them see us mess up, let them see us fail, let them see us go through trials in life, relationships, with our kids, our marriages. etc..... But in the Middle of all that, let them See Jesus, and How Only HE was the one who helped us through those things!!!
Another thing I have seen is people tend to be so private about everything in their life...I had a VERY good friend who went through a difficult divorce, It took me off guard, and When I asked her why she never said anything , her answer was" Im just a Private Person"..
Well, being that private person left her suffering in silence, when she could have had people praying for her, supporting her, encouraging her, and Showing Gods Love!
Again, We dont have to Share EVERY single detail that is going on in our life, but This whole thing of being a private person is just a form of Control that people use.. When their world seems to be going a direction that they didnt plan, and there isnt much they can do.. They tend to Become very private about their issues, because Its the ONLY thing they have absolute control over..Very sad!
What this world needs more than any new technology, the best clothes, the latest greatest cell phone, the Best looking body etcc.. is LOVE, Acceptance, Compassion, Kindness, Empathy, and Understanding!
We need a Revolution of this to start, and It HAS to start with Christians!.. People who don't have God living inside of them don't know any better..
It is time for Churches to Stop "keepin up with the Jones" in all their latest fads, technology, and things that make them "cool" and draw big crowds.. its time for Churches to stop preaching about money, and all the "wealth" that can be achieved by knowing God...
It is Time for Churches to become a ER, Hospital, and rehabilitation center for the Lost, hurting in this world.. and all the Hurting Christians who feel as though they have messed up and just need someone to Love them through their mess, not just after the mess!
Just stop and think for a minute.. what kind of world would this be if we did these simple things?..
Love is the Most Powerful 4 letter word there is!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment