TATOOS
The age old Christian Debate that has transcended through many generations....
when I was growing up, I was always told," tattoos are wrong and sinful to get, and the Bible says so"..
Well, when your a kid you believe what adults tell you, and usually don't question it right?.. So, I took this belief system through most of my life, and judged people who had them.. Huge Mistake there, because God says " judge NOT" hmmm...
I have a few friends who have them.. Christian friends mind you, They are On fire, God Serving individuals, who do more for God than Most 'regular" Christians so with their life!..
So, this got me to thinking " Are Tattoos sinful, and what does the bible really say about it"???
I will try to break it down in a short version of what I have found in this study, and you can decide for yourself..
1. The Scripture all Christians go to is Leviticus 19:28- "Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos", it also says not to put piercings in your body.... ( hello, that means earrings too). just sayin .....
I believe they take it out of context.. because it was referring to marking your bodies for pagan worship rituals.. Read all the scriptures in that chapter and you will see..
But here is the kicker.. In that passage of scriptures it also says , not to eat meat that has not been drained of blood, don't trim your hair or beards, don't eat non Kosher meats..
So, that means pretty much all foods we eat..
The Bible also addresses woman on wearing makeup and doing things to their hair, and to Not be adorning our outward appearance with jewelry and makeup, that it becomes More important than our inward beauty..
Well.. Pretty much all woman don't follow that rule.. if you don't believe me.. just take a poll on how many woman are willing to Go out in Public with NO makeup on and their hair just pulled back in a ponytail... Yep.. that question is answered easily.. very Few!.. so , that means their outward appearance if pretty important to them right??.. ,
It doenst mean they are sinning because they want to look pretty with their hair and makeup done does it??.. of course not!
Just a side note.. The bible says children are a blessing, and we should have our "quiver full".. a Quiver is 6.. but how many people want 6 kids???.. and if we have anything less than that , are we sinning or going against God??.. NO!!.. God freely allows us to choose!!
So, here is what I feel... If a person wants to get a tattoo, I would say it is a choice between them and God!
People are very quick to Judge a person for having a tattoo, but yet.. God Forbid anyone tell them to stop eating meat, cut back on the makeup wearing, stop Gossiping, Stop Judging people, etcccc..
I have friends who have tattoos, Very cool ones at that!.. some got them as a rebel act in their teen years and regret the dumb picture they put on their body, But Others get ones that mean something very deep to them!
I have wanted one for years, but have not done it yet, due to A fear of needles...
I also had a vison of my boys in many years, and what would I do if one of them said they wanted one, or came home with one.. would I Judge them?, would I tell them they are a sinner?
that answer is NO!..
So in conclusion, I think they really are a personal choice, and if your going to mark your body with ink.. it should be something that means something to you..
Just as With Ear piercing, hair color, hair cuts, wearing makeup etcc.. Personal choices, that God freely gives us to choose!
So the Next time you see someone with Tattoos, or "Tats" as the cool folks call them ha ha
and your tempted to judge them, Think about what your wearing, doing, and ingesting into your own body.. It may just have you thinking twice before passing Judgement...
Just because we may have our own convictions about certain things, doesnt mean someone else has them ;-)
FYI, These are my personal views, and Things I have accumulated from my own study..
With ALL Things , I encourage you to Pray, Seek out scriptures yourself, and do what is right for you, and Nobody else :-)
Hugs to ya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment