Sunday, July 5, 2009

Catching up!...

Wow.. its been almost a month since I posted... well actually make that alot longer.. because my last post was to say why I wont be posting much..LOL

Honestly though.. Its been a busy summer!.. Busier than I thought it would start off like!
We haven't done alot of major things.. just mostly Tons of little things.. such as. Visiting friends, Playing on water slides at neighbors, play dates with School Buddies, picnics and bar-b-ques, and day outings, or mini road trips..

We decided this year that instead of doing a long family vacation like we did last year.. we will do "mini vacations".. because a week long trip is just so much work with 3 boys!! I come back needing another vacation alone just to recoup ..haha

I cant believe its July already!!.. June just Flew by!!
and we still have many more fun things planned for the rest of our summer!

We are going on a mini vacation to Erie Zoo, and Waldemere, and spending the night at a hotel.. which the Boys always love.. because that means getting Pizza, swimming in the pool and eating junk!..haha

We are also planning a camping trip with Paul's parents in their Rv, which will include boating on papa(Paul's dad) boat!!

We are also planning a day trip of Boating with our neighbors.. plus hopefully a few more Grandma visits that consist of spending a couple days there .. While Mommy and daddy try and sneak in a few dates!!

The boys are also doing vacation Bible school all next week.. its everyday from 9-12.. They are really looking forward to that as well!

We are trying to Really budget things, but we also wanted to do quality family fun things!
Just a FYI... Do a google search for inexspensive family fun thing in your area.. you will be amazed at so much fun things to do with your kids that cost very little or Nothing,, and they are not that far of a drive!!

And Lastly.. as for me.. I have been doing ALOT of "self repair".. meaning.. I'm letting go of alot of things and learning to Trust in God more to heal hurts and situations.. I'm also standing up for myself more and getting back some of "my edge" that I used to have, that somehow got lost in the midst of getting married and having babies!..lol.. and putting up Good boundaries that protect me from getting into the fleshy side!! and You know what??.. man it feels good to get Free in areas!!!!

So, that about sums up our summer thus far...

Till next time , I will leave you with these sweet faces....




3 comments:

Crafty P said...

Hey Mitz, welcome back! those are the cutest little faces... man, that little Luca- so squeezable!

I hear you on the vacations! that's how we do it, too. I give a lot of credit to the brave families that take week long vacations with their kids. we prefer little mini trips here and there. It's just a bit more manageable when they're yittle.

my boys are in VBS this week, too! yippee! I'll be able to run a bunch of errands with just the twins! love it!

self repair sounds like a good thing, as does letting go and becoming more FREE! Been working on freedom from certain people in my life as well and it's well, very freeing! ha! amazing what we can accomplish when we're a bit more detached from certain things.

sounds like you may be reading some Cloud and Townsend, too? good stuff. I've never finished a book, but I know all about them!

take care and thanks for giving us an update!

Unknown said...

I have a coupon for waldamere... 4 people for 54 bucks. For both parks. Lemme know if you want it.

Elizabeth said...

sounds like u have a fun summer planned!! I'm glad you're getting your "edge" back too, haha. More importantly, letting God heal you and learning to trust Him more..I think we all could benefit from that :)
I'm glad ur blogging again, it's been way too long!! seriously..
Waldermere will be so much fun! I wanted to go with Nathanael when we lived in Ohio, but never did.. Maybe one day. Post some pics when y'all go, that place brings back so many memories!
I loved the pic of u and Luca!! I'm glad u included yourself in the "sweet faces" ;)