Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Florida Trip!....


This was defiantly a trip with some adventure added in!..
First off, The night before I left Dante' woke up at 2 am with a Fever, and Cough.. I was up with him most of the night , worrying , and wondering if I should cancel my trip.. So I called my sister early and asked her what she thought... they gave me the go ahead.. and My husband and the grandmas reassured me that all would be fine, and they would take good care of him.
So I left at 10 something that morning on about 2 hours of sleep!.. Boy was I guzzling the caffeine !
So , I got to the airport, and got all checked in.. when it was time to board the plane, Luca did very well.. so I thought.." this is going to be great"..( Famous last words)!.. Mind you.. lots of people told me to medicate him for flying.. but I did int want to do that.. I figured with all the snacks and stuff I brought, he would be happy right?.. sounds simple enough huh??

Well,, he did great on take off, and while we were in the air for about the first hour, then he started getting restless.. shortly after that the plane was ready to start the descend back to the ground, and that is when the real fun began.. That Child screamed at the top of his lungs for 25 minutes!!!!!!!!! Boy, did I get the stares!!.. so he was crying, and then I started crying.. I was BEYOND stressed!..
and then this lovely ladies who were right beside me, leaned over and said.. "its ok.. don't worry.. we understand".. too bad many other on the plane didn't!

He immediately stopped once we landed, so I knew it was his ears hurting... poor kid..
I honestly thought we were going to get a standing ovation as soon as we got off the plane..

The visit itself was Great!.. I got to spend time cuddling my newest nephew Jordan, and play with My other nephew cayden.. We went to my FAVORITE bar-b que place Sonny's .. Oh man.. That is so SERIOUSLY good eating!.. You walk way from there feeling like a complete Hog.. but man is it worth it!..ha ha

We also tried this new donut shop called Fractured prune.. I am convinced those donuts will be in Heaven just for me!!!!... they are made fresh and hot, and then they put lots of yummy toppings on them!.. They Blow Dunkin Donuts WAYYY out of the water!!.. You find yourself inhaling them, rather than eating them!...LOLOLOL

Meanwhile, while I was inhaling Donuts, and soaking up some warm weather9 Which I have to say , i was a tad bummed.. the temps were only in the 60's while i was there.. the really warm weather started the day I left..Boo)
anyhoo.. Paul, Dante' and Dominic were at home dealing with High fever's, and coughs off and on all week!.. which I have to say REALLY stressed me out!.. I felt guilty for leaving them.. and I felt guilty for bringing germs to my sis and her family.. which I might add.. all started not feeling well just as I was leaving.. Pretty sucky huh? .. But it was a chance we knew we would be taking.. I just wish it would have not been that way!

So, a couple days before i came home I called Luca's doctor about the ear pain thing, and he suggested benedryl, and ear drops.. well I gave them to him. and for a short time while taking off I thought.. "hey.. this is really going to work.. he was getting nice and drowsy".. But WAIT... guess what?.. Luca got a second wind in the air.. oh yes , that's right.. the whole trip home he was climbing all over me, playing with the window shade, and fussy.. I Really got some stares from a young prissy couple this time.. So much, that I almost got up and punched the guy right in the face... But I didn't want to ruin my christian witness,, so I gave him the EVIL eye the whole time instead...LOLOLOL
The Guy who sat beside me was a angel.. he saw my distress, and sat there and ripped a piece of paper in tiny pieces and handed them to Luca, and luca put them in a trash bag.. for 25 mins solid!!!.. it was rather odd.. but I was never so Grateful for what he did!!.. I thanked him MANY times as we left!!!

So, as you can imagine.. I was a little"on edge" when i landed.. My mom picked me up.. and I told her how things went .. and she leaned over and said.." I'm sorry your trips went rough, but I have a freshly made pumpkin pie waiting for you at home, that might help"... and BOY DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Paul, and I even went out for Pizza that evening and sat by the lake.. What a Great way to ease this weary traveler!!!

So, there ya have in , in a nutshell.. I would write more.. but this post has already become the longest post I have ever written!..lol

My trip was Very good, I wish I could have stayed longer, and I Miss them already!!!!

2 comments:

Happy said...

I am so glad that despite a rocky start your trip was a good time.

I'm sure your men at home missed you much, though!

Oh, and good for you giving that posh gentelman the evil eye!

Anonymous said...

Well, here's to hoping your next trip to Florida will be a better one!! :D
I'm still really glad you were able to come see us, even though we are all sick now because of you! (j/k j/k) I still would have had you come anyway. I miss you and it sux you live so far away.
The house next to us is for sale, if you're interested ;o)