So I was sitting here looking at piles of cute drawings Luca has done @ preschool, thinking how I dont really have boxes and boxes of my kids art work, I dont scrapbook, I dont keep every flower they gave me pressed in books, or all their first kindergarten papers, all their teeth etc...
I have some stuff I have saved over the years, but just a small amount.. I dont have tons of home video, but I have Lots of Pics!..
I was starting to feel lots of Mommy guilt that I wouldnt have all this stuff to pass on to them when they are older.. and Then all of a sudden God reminded me of something Anita Renfroe said... "when your son gets older he wont care about all that stuff.. all they want is a nice check in their wedding card!!!:-).. It sounds so simple and funny, but It really is So true!!!!!!..
I think these days moms feel so much under guilt , and that is one I just let go!!.. I do write stories and cute , funny things about them, because I love to write, and will have lots of photos of them to pass on.. well I will after I get them printed off my computor haha.. So Thank you Anita for helping this mom let go of Guilt for NOT saving everything .. But at least I know when they are all grown and off on their own or married, they can rest assure in one thing.. Their Mom Loves them very much, and is here for them always!.. oh, and she ALWAYS made sure we had something to eat, because we ate alot!! hahahaha... This was on my heart, I hope it is of help to any of you other moms who have felt this guilt..
Hugs to you!!
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment