Thursday, April 7, 2011

Take Me out to the ........


Yep, its that time .. BASEBALL season!!!

Dante' is My sports kid, so he wanted to give baseball a try!.. And Lucky for us, the same place he played basketball for ( a local church sports league), they also do Baseball!!

The cool thing about it is, for the month of April he will only have 2 practices a week, and then when Games begin in may, he will have 1 practice a week, 1 game every Saturday!
I was going to let him play for our school, but they require 3-4 nights of practice a week, AND a game every Saturday.. NOT cool! also, the coach puts each player at a position, and they stay there all season.. BORING!


This Team, he will get the chance to play all positions to see which he is best at!.. and Practices and games are only 1-1.5 hours!.. I can handle that!!.. oh and My MOST FAVORITE PART???.... PARENTS are NOT allowed to get all political about it, and ruin the fun!.. NO favoritism!!!!...

And with the practices not being sop many days, We still have a life!.. I told both the older boys, They are allowed to play sports, but only 1 sport at a time, AND it must NOT consume our lives!.. we will Not live out of our car, and be constantly running to sports, or any other activities, that will interfere with Family time, and Family Dinner time!..
so this Place Dante' has been playing for is a WIN WIN thing for us all!! :-)

I see so many parents trying to live their dreams through their kids, and hoping their child gets a full ride sports scholarship to college.. That makes me Ill just thinking about it!

I don't know what direction my boys will take in life, but I am DETERMINED to NOT put pressure on them for sports scholarships, just because they are "boys"..
I want them involved, because it is Fun, they are staying active, and learning teamwork, and just plain, having fun!!!

Not sure how I got off on that soapbox?.. I guess its the mear thought of the pressure that is put on young kids in sports.. makes me sad!.. what started out as a fun thing, quickly becomes a burden to them!..

Anyways.. heres to a Great baseball season, of fun, learning, new friendships created, and me working on my tan, as I sit through practices and games! ;-)

2 comments:

Morgan Owens said...

I found your blog again through Amber...YAY!! :)

Mitzy said...

Hey Morgan!!
Oh my gosh , how are you??, and Im sorry we have lost touch
How are you, and how is that little one of yours?.. well im sure he isnt so little anymore..he's gotta be 3 now right?

Keep in touch!!!