Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year.. New Word...

Every January, people seem to always make New resolutions... I used to do that, but found that very quickly after I made them, I would "fall off the wagon" ha ha..

However, I do think we should set Goals for ourselves every year.. but be realistic about them!..
Like I hate when I see people say.. "oh my goal for the year is to loose tons of weight.. but all that does is just Set yourself up for the feelings of failure.. all because a certain "number" you want to fit into??..
Instead what we should do, is say.. " this year I will make better choices in food, and make steps to being healthier"..

So, I am taking the idea from My Blogging Friend "crafty P", of having a Word for the new year!

last year my word was " Realness".. and I think I did very well, at achieving that in my life!...
I want to be real with people in my life.. through the "real" good times.. and the "real" bad times..
I'm so Tired of Fakeness!.. It has become one of my BIGGEST pet peeeves!..
People who pretend everything is A-OK, in their world,and looking like they have it "all together " on the outside, but are falling apart on the inside..

Those of you that have followed my blog this past year, has seen me in my rough times, and have seen a peek into my world, while I was going through some struggles..

This past year.. I have learned alot about Gods Love for me, his Compassion, his forgiveness, and Mostly importantly his grace!!

So.. That is My word for the new year.. "GRACE"..


Grace (favor and spiritual blessing) be to you and [heart] peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 1: 3

We do so many wrong things in life, But when we come to God, and ask for forgiveness, he wipes the slate clean!.

I'm so Glad, that God shows his Mercy on me every single day, because I mess up every single day!
There are days, when I rely on his Grace hour by hour!!

So, I encourage you this year.. To get a word that speaks into your life, and daily think on it!!

4 comments:

Morgan Owens said...

I ~love~ this post, it's a great idea!

AmberDenae said...

Loved this post!!! So wise. :)

Elizabeth said...

Great post!! 100% in agreement w/u on both "realness" and "grace".. =) Think I'm gonna do the same and find myself a word for the new year.

Elizabeth Banta said...

I wanted u to be the 1st to see the new home for my blog :)

xoxo