Monday, May 2, 2011

Grace

Its a small word, but has such a BIG meaning!!

This is Websters definition- 1. The exercise of love, kindness, mercy, favor; disposition to benefit or serve another; favor bestowed or privilege conferred

Grace is something God freely gives us ,even when we don't deserve it!. Lets face it, we have ALL missed it so many times in Life, none of us are blameless, or without fault in our lives.
God Loves us so much that he shows Mercy and Love on us, and Gives us Grace in our daily lives, and circumstances!

If you notice on my Blog title it is "Grace for the Journey" It is Truely how I feel about my life now!.. 2 Corinthians 12:9 is My Motto!
"My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

I love how the Message bible puts it also..-"Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size-abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become"!!!
This is a Strong revelation I had in my life about 2 years ago, I was going through a Very rough patch in life, I was Depressed, heavy Burdened , Carrying guilt and condemnation on me so heavy, like I was a pack mule loaded for a long trip!

I had baggage from my childhood that I never dealt with properly, then I got married, thinking those problems will all disappear...... umm WRONG!!!!

We started having babies, and My pregnancies were from Hell, and I'm not exaggerating on that!.. I was so sick :-( ( one of these days , I am going to do a Post completly dedicated to My story of Hyperemesis, that I had with all 4 of my pregnancies,)....., I suffered the Loss of a child... , and to top all that off I had family members who didn't like or approve of things I did with my life or my kids,it caused so much stress and tension and so Long story short.. I felt like I would never "measure up", and I felt so guilty for so many things I did, or was doing in my life as a wife, and Mom! I was ready to throw in the towel, and give up on life :-(
We woman tend to take so much on ourselves, and we try to be like someone else, and try to get them to like us, and sometimes our differences cause people to not understand us, which causes hurt feelings, sadness, and damage to friendships, relationships, and more imortantly, it causes damage to our soul!

And all along, these few years of turmoil were creating a mess in my marriage!.. My husband tried so hard to "fix" stuff for me, but when a person is so broken, ONLY GOD can do that!

I was living in a fog for a few years, and just could not seem to be happy about anything... and then when I was at my lowest,and felt I could do nothing more.. GOD came to my rescue, picked me up and showed me.. I wasn't alone in this life!!
HE gave me Mercy and GRACE to go through this life, NOT just around it!!

It was then, I started getting scriptures together on How God saw me, Not other people!.. I quit trying to live my life to get others approval, and I learned to be real with myself!

Today, I feel free in so many areas!.. Don't get me wrong, I have bad days, times of stress and trials , BUT.. I no longer try to do it on my own!!!

I am SOO thankful for Gods Grace that he shows towards me!!, without it, I Could Not go through my daily life!

This is a scripture I look to always..
Matt 11:28“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

God doesn't want or expect us to go through this life alone, and operate in our own power, he is waiting with open arms, for us to come to him and lay our burdens on him, all our problems with our kids, spouses, family members, boss, etcc, and put our trust in him, that HE will give us Rest, and The "GRACE to go through our Journey" In life

No comments: