Seriously Though, This boy is definatly giving me new meaning to the term "Challenging toddler years"
First off, let me start by saying all the wonderful, and positive things, because I am trying hard to not be so negative , and to always look for the Bright side of things..
Luca is a Wonderful Boy, he is Very cute( as you can see by the above picture), he has Flirty eyes, and Loves to Laugh!.. He Is Super intelligent, and Im not just saying that because Im his mom, haha.. He really is so smart!.. his mind is always spinning, and it sometimes scares me as to just what exactly is goin on in that mind of his !
He is a Lover, and by that I mean, he Loves to give hugs, and kisses!.. He is very detailed with things, and when he cleans, he is precise in what he is doing!
He LOVES to Help.. help with cleaning, baking, cooking, help his preschool teacher in class!
And when he sleeps, I have to say he has the most Angelic , precious face, that makes ya want to just melt!
HOWEVER....
This Boy is a Strong willed Individual, and can push every button I possess, and even find buttons I never knew I had!
He challenges me everyday with so many things, and will push the limit on MANY things!
HE is Very active, and has a curious mind that will get him into daily trouble!
To say that he is a handful is putting it mildly on some days!!
I now know the mom struggles that so many moms feel with children with special needs!.. Even though Luca is not a special needs child, it still puts the stress on me that those moms feel!
Luca has been super clingy to me since he was born, I think its because I use to "baby" him too much?.. He is my last child, and I lost a baby prior to him, so I think that caused me to be over protective of him... Unfortunately, that came to bite me in the Butt now! :-(
We struggled with Separation anxiety with him for a long time, and Potty training was a Nightmare!!!!!.... We put him into preschool in Nov 2010, and it was the best thing for him!.. it has helped him in the social aspect, and he is totally potty trained!, and He isn't as clingy to me anymore! THAnk The Lord!
When a mom has this kind of stress, it can wreak havoc on her body, physically, emotionally, mentally, and even spiritually!
When the day comes to an end, I usually find myself sitting on the couch in a vegetative state, because I am worn out!..
I am so Thankful for a Husband who see this, and helps when he comes home from work!. I am able to get out by myself to clear my mind, and he even helps clean up around the house so some burden is lifted.
Unfortunately when moms are under stress, it can cause them to either under eat and loose weight, or in my case over eat :-(.. Not that I eat big amounts.. My problem is more of eating things I know are bad for me ie: chips, sugar, snacky foods.. you know all those "comforting type foods, that make us feel better, and drown our sorrows ha ha
I need to start eating better, and getting back to exercising!. .daily walks help clear my mind, so I need to get back to that as well!
These Trying years of Luca, I know will pass and be a distant memory someday, but there are many days when I feel like I cant see the light at the end of the tunnel..
It has caused me to have a new found respect for moms who go through more trials than I do, and it has caused me to see, just how much I depend on God DAILY!.. he is the ONLY person who helps me get out of bed on the mornings I want to Hide under my covers!.. He calms me, when I feel as though I am inches away from total insanity!.. He is my comforter when I feel like a failure as a mother for yelling at my boys, and acting in anger and haste!
He is my Constant support of giving me hope , that these boys will grow into strong men of God, despite my MANY shortcomings , and daily mess ups as a parent!
Aren't you Glad we have someone who always has our back!
No comments:
Post a Comment