Monday, January 9, 2012

For better or worse....






See how those rings are entwined together? it looks like there is no way to get them apart !


That is How marriage is supposed to be, that is How God intended it to be..sadly tho, we are seeing marriages fall apart all around us, and it seems to be at an alarming rate! :-(


And for the record, Paul and I are Not ending ours, we have had issues( I will get more into that later), but we are together and and Love each other very much!



We Do however, currently have 7 couples that we know who are either recently divorced or are in the process.. This makes me so sad!Most of them all have small kids too, which makes it even harder to see!


In our society, we are surrounded by "love".. it comes in the form of movies, tv shows, love novel books, soap operas, songs, and even days dedicated to it... Sometimes though, I think its more of a idea of Love, or a fantasy of love.


True Love goes far deeper than physical attraction, and those romance novels, and any stupid Love song.. true love cuts to the Core of your soul, and opens a part of you that you probably never knew was there!



Paul and I have been married for 11 1/2 years.. in Hollywood's eyes , its a lifetime.. but in real life, we are have only just begun the journey.......Him and I have had our fair share of problems, I didn't come from a great childhood, I had MANY hurts in my life that caused me to put up so many walls..My parents divorced when I was 24, and his parents are still together after 43 years!


Even though he didn't see divorce up close, doesn't mean he had the "right idea" on what marriage should be.. because even though I am very glad he isn't from a divorced home, I still realize every couple will have problems of their own! When you take 2 individuals and place them together, conflict is inevitable!.. Especially when you take 2 people who are so opposite!



Paul and I are like Night and day.. He is introverted, and am not.. he likes very small group settings, I like big parties... the list can go on and on and on.. but you know what?.. we agree on the main important things.. I Like to think we are Like Magnets.. Magnets with the same pull will Not stick together, but Magnets that are complete opposite , when They come together they can be Very hard to pull apart!.. So that saying" Opposites attract.. is so true in our case!! ;-)


We Are saved and going to Heaven, We love our kids and want to raise them with a knowing of How much God loves them, We have allot of the same core morals and values we want to live by and instill in our kids.


We have had many tense moments in our marriage, and were even separated for a short time.. we were literally on the brink of divorce :-(


It isn't what either of us really wanted, and we didn't want to put our kids through that.. so we had to make some changes..


We still have many issues that are unresolved, im not sure if they will ever get resolved.. but we have made a conscious choice to Love each other through the mess, through the "worse", and find what we Love about each other and try and focus on that!


I have see all of my friends at each other throats at times, so much that not only do they not love each other anymore, they don't like each other:-(


I Love Paul with my whole heart, but I also Like him!.. he is a Great guy, and if I wasn't married to him, I would totally be his friend!


We are still Physically attracted to each other as well, even though Both of our bodies have changed over the 11 years! He still can "woo" me :-).. which is very important!.. Guys are visual, but woman need to be shown the affection.. and I think if a guy can WOO you, you have a winner!


For those who don't know what Wooed is- Its being swept off your feet, and feeling like your floating on a cloud and feeling very loved and romanced..


He and I also enjoy spending time together.. we don't get many dates because we have kids, and few babysitters, So we do alot of "inhouse dates"


Marriage is HARD work!.. if it was as easy as people say it is, there would not be so many divorces!


I truly believe that when people go one and on saying " I married my soul mate", He is my best friend blah blah blah" or " marriage is so easy".. its one of 2 things.. either they haven't been married long enough or they are lying!


ALL couples argue, and go through rough times.. if they don't have them anymore its because they learned how the other one ticks, and they learned to just let so many things go and focus on what they do love and enjoy about each other!


If your going through a rough patch in your marriage, I encourage you to focus on the positive, even if its small.. try and re kindle the romance that was there before.. start getting passionate about each other again.. Sex in marriage can take you through allot of hard times, because it usually the one are where you can feel the closest!


I wish more churches preached on this, and I wish there were more things that helped encourage couples to do this!


Learn to Love the other person with Gods Love.. which goes deeper than anything!!

No comments: