Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tis the season!

Its Almost Christmas!!.. only 9 days away!..

These last days before Christmas seem to be the most stressful for people.. I find that so sad!
I know , for alot of people this time of year brings many sad times, due to loss of family members, or the lack of finances to get gifts for loved ones,
However, when I ask most people what is stressing them, this is the answers I get
* "so many Obligations, not enough time"
* "trying to find the perfect present"
* "Have to entertain at my home, and so much food to prepare, stuff to do"

All of these are NOT causes for stress!.. Honestly, we in this society have allowed ourselves to stress over the silliest things!
There is so many others important things people are worrying about in this world, that it makes everything else seem so trivial!

Many people have sick children laying in Hospital beds, who will not even be at their home Christmas morning, Many people have Loved ones that are very ill, or have passed away, Many people have Lost their job and wonder where Dinner for their family is coming from that night, Many people are without the things we take for granted.. Warm homes, stocked Pantry's, Tv, Movies, warm dependable cars etc..

A few years back, I was one of the folks who got caught up in all the "Hub bub, and Rush rush" time of Holidays, and It was stressing me out!.. I felt Obligated to go to peoples houses on Christmas day, which meant my kids had to rush through their Cmas Morning time, and drive all over the place going from home to home, and the day became a Blur! :-(.. NOT COOL!

SO a few years back, I decided NO MORE.. My boys were not going to grow up only having memories of running all over the place..

We now have peaceful Christmas events, we are able to enjoy our personal family time on Christmas morning, and still make it to See Loved ones , and it is a Over all very enjoyable time!

I took back My Christmas Joy, and it was one of the best decisions I ever made!

I encourage you to do the same, if you feel overwhelmed, stressed out, and becoming weary and loosing your Christmas Joy, do something to stop that pattern!
If The present shopping is getting to much, scale back on gifts!
If the Entertaining is getting too much, Scale back on food prep.. Order Pizza and Wings, or Subs and snacky foods.. IF people are only coming to eat your food, how sad is that?..

If your feeling over obligated, just say NO!.. its a easy word with so much stress lifting ability!!

Let us all remember what Christmas is about.. It is to Celebrate Jesus coming to Earth for US!.. It is a Time to enjoy our friends, and family.. to Relax, and create memories, and a time to reflect on the year, and make new Goals and plans for the new one!

I am taking a break from My Blog for a bit, I will be back after the Holidays..

I wish you all a VERY Merry Christmas, and a Happy Healthy New year filled with Many Blessings!!

Hugs to you all!!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so happy you took your joy back! It gets SO crazy during the holidays, and for what? Exactly. You're right, how are we able to create these wonderful memories when we're strung out, stressed out and all grinchy the entire season! ha ha.
Scale back, great tips! ♥