
I was recently having a discussion with some moms, and the topic of sports came up..
Alot of them were looking for sports programs for their kids, which I am all for!
Dante' LOVES basketball, and is going to be doing Baseball this spring..
but then, they said their ages... The kid was only 2!!!!!.. and she has a daughter who is 5 and she has already taken her to photo shoots for modeling, and has an Agent for her.. What the Heck?!?!!!!
This got me thinking, why are parents in such a hurry for their kids to grow up?
parents in today's society give their kids expensive toys, video games and such at such young ages, they enroll them in so many activities, and now sports programs??
They will have PLENTY of time to do all those events when they are older!
I totally understand a Toddler play group that does things for the little kids, like finger painting, playdoh, building blocks etc....
I think little kids, should be just that..LITTLE KIDS!!..
Our kids are only little for such a small amount of time, so why cant we let them enjoy "kid stuff" like trucks, cars, baby dolls, coloring, playing at the park?..
We always made it a rule in our house, no sports stuff, until they are at least in 1st grade or higher..
Another pet peeve I have is Makeup on Little girls, and I'm not talking about playing dress up in Mommy's stuff.. I'm talking about letting little girls as young as 4 or 5 wear makeup, and dress in mini skirts, belly shirts etc.. WHAT???..
Maybe I'm just old fashioned, or maybe I was so sickened by the whole "Jonbonet Ramsey" thing??..
That show on TLC " Toddlers and Tieras", literally sickens me!!
Teaching little innocent girls how to walk, and dress sexy?.. God have Mercy on us, to allow such a show to be on to "entertain adults"..
Maybe someday, this world will SLOW down a bit, get rid of so much excess and technology, and just enjoy life?.. One would Hope!
No comments:
Post a Comment