Monday, August 3, 2009

HOF Week....

That's Hall of Fame Week for those who are not Cantonites..ha ha

I have lived around this area for 9 years now, and I have not once been to the Hall of fame museum, or ANY of the festivities..Why you may ask??

1. this town is extra busy for a whole week long, means more traffic, longer lines at restaurants, parades,and so on..

2. I do like football.. But I don't think there needs to be a week long party for it.. seriously folks..lol

I am happy for those being honored, and I think they deserve it.. but not all week!
I mean seriously.. Our veterans , and those currently serving to protect us in this country get 1 day of honor, which usually consists of people stuffing their faces with watermelon and hot dogs... hmmm, something wrong there??

Another thing that Really bugs me about this time of year is the "clean up Canton week".. that precedes this event..All done by Volunteers!

Parts of Canton are Not so pretty looking, and are let get rundown, as in Alot of cities across the country.. BUT every year people come out of the woodwork's to get involved in this clean up effort, including the Mayor..

They want this town to look "presentable and pretty"..to all the Pro Football greats, and the nation while these men are being inducted into this Hall of Fame.. and yet the rest of the year that part of town looks like crap!
Umm.. I'm not impressed MR Mayor.. how about get those volunteers to come out monthly and do the yard mowing, weed clipping, trash pick up, flower planting, and mulching??

Now that being said.. The only thing that is Really beneficial to this area is the Money it brings to this area!.. Millions every year!

Gee.. and the economy is really that bad?? hmmmm

So, I do my best to stay away from That area as much as possible!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol after reading a post recently on your FB (about Knight Rider) I thought this meant "HOF" week, as in "the Hoff" lol.
Anyway, I agree w/u that your Mayor should schedule a clean up program either weekly or monthly! Certinly with all the $$$ "HOF" week brings in, they can do this??