Tuesday, June 21, 2011

BIG NEWS!


A MAJOR Milestone has been achieved in the Schwarz Homestead!!

Luca is Officially POTTY TRAINED!!!!!!!!!!!.. Oh My gosh, I cant believe I'm actually typing this!..

All of my boys trained later than the "magic age of 2".. which I think is a total Crock!, and It really bugs me when I sit down with other moms and the subject of potty training comes up and you hear" oh little Johnny was trained at 2".. to which I say " BIG Whoop!!

I have learned it is different for each child as so many things in life and milestones are.. there is no Magic age for anything!..

Anyways, like I said , Dante' was a few months past 3, and Dominic was about 1 month away from turning 4 before he reached that milestone.. however, Luca seemed just to not care at all.. it was so frustrating, because I knew HE KNEW how to do it, but it was more of a power struggle thing for him, and I think he just wanted to hold onto being a baby in that area.. Gross I know!!

We Tried EVERYTHING, and it just left us feeling hopeless..
I talked to his preschool teacher, and she suggested every time he soiled himself, we needed to make him change it no matter how messy it got... and also Paul told him" Luca, your 4 now, and its time for you to learn to use the potty, and if you don't you will be punished"..I know that seems harsh, believe me.. I was NOT in favor of it at all at first... However.. once I established that his reasons for not going were not for Medical reasons, or that he simply didn't know what to do.. I realized, that this child was trying to have a strong willed power struggle with us on this!

Well, something must have clicked, because he only had to be corrected 1 time, and cleaned himself a few times, because something clicked in him, and he went!..
We have made a big deal about it every time he goes now.. with some chocolate or calling someone special!

We are going on day # 6 and he is dry and clean!!! He occasionally has pee accidents from playing outside and forgetting to run in house to use potty, but that is normal..

I cant tell you how excited this makes me!.. I have been buying diapers or Pull ups for 10 years!.. and NOW We are Free of all Pampers/ Huggies bathroom products!!

What will I do with the extra 30 bucks I was spending on those?? :-)

1 comment:

Morgan Owens said...

YAY! Way to go Luca! :)