Thursday, November 12, 2009

My name is Mitzy, and....

I'M A MAGAZINE JUNKIE!!!..

yes, its true!.. Hey the first step is admitting it right??

I Love magazines!.. Whoever thought of the idea of putting magazines at the checkout Isle was thinking of me!..

But, I have to admit, I'm a little embarrassed at the fact that I mostly Look at the pretty things inside rather than always read everything.. Is that wrong?? Don't get me wrong.. I LOVE to read.. I just don't seem to have much time these days to sit down and read for long lengths of time.. Maybe when my kids are a little older, I will FINALLY be able to get back to that??

Speaking of Reading.. I also have about 5 books I have started, and yet to be finished.. Hang on Joyce Meyer, Dr Phil, and James dobson.. I WILL get back to your lovely books soon!..ha ha

I do love reading tips on cleaning, or recipes, and such..

I subscribe to Ladies home journal, Woman's Day, and Good Housekeeping.. I don't buy the Gossip magazines like Redbook, or Instyle, and a couple others, because Honestly they are a waste of money..
They are filled with trashy Photos that are nothing more than soft porn, and young Girls who are models, but look more like anorexic girls on their death bed!..
Hoorid Message to be sending to young girls and Woman of all ages!

So, I try to stick with "mom magazines"..ha ha..
I also love getting catalogs in the mail.. I can thank my sister for giving me the website about 6 years ago, to get free ones sent.. Like Lakeside, and a couple others.

Now, after saying all that.. I do want to say.. That God convicted me on these.. He said" Mitzy, why do you have time for these, and yet, you don't read your bible"..OOo OUCH!..
SO, I am trying to make it a high priority that My BIBLE always comes before reading My Fun stuff!..

So, with that being said.. Look what has came in my mail in just the past 2 days??


This has the makings of a nice hot Cup of Coffee, and my warm cozy Blanket curled up on the couch!.. ahh.. such a Relaxing, Lovely thought huh?..

1 comment:

Elizabeth Banta said...

A nice warm cup of coffee?? I was thinking of mint hot cocoa with whipped cream & a dust of cocoa powder ;) (that's what we r having 2nite)
Look at all those magazines!! I have been thinking about getting a few of those. Which is ur favorite?I love the baking/craft ideas type. I think it's great that u are focusing on your Bible more and giving the others 2nd place. :) I still get some of those ones u were talking about too from that website haha. And THANK GOD the wig magazines finally stopped lol.