Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tis the season ... to ramble..

so, here I am once again, NOT keeping up with my blog :-(.. Sorry about that.. I really do have things going on in my life, but for some reason this has been put on a back burner, SO I guess We will just start with the present and go back..

Thanksgiving.. I hope yours was good!.. We had a nice day.
I had big plans for the Holiday weekend, but they all came to a screeching halt , when I woke up at 4 am Black Friday!.. No, I wasn't getting ready to go shopping, although I would have taken the crowds over what I was dealing with.. yes the dreaded 24 flu bug :-(.. YUK YUK!.. throwing up and I don't have a good relationship, due to how much time I spent at the porcelain throne while being pregnant!
so plain and simple.. It SUCKED !!

However, today is a new day, and I am feeling human again!.. Still a little run down, and moving a tad like a turtle, but not sick none the less!!! YAY!

I'm hoping to put the tree up and decorate it.. but I'm not pushing it.. it will get done in time!

On a Positive note, most all of my Christmas shopping is done!!.. We did some cutting back this year, and I found some awesome deals on stuff, so it was actually non stressful!.. EVERY Christmas should be non stress filled!..
I remember someone telling me once " The Holidays are always a time of business, a little stress, and Go go go,.. That's just how they are"... And I have to say I DON'T AGREE!.. Holidays are a time of being with family, reflecting on what Jesus has done in our lives, and for us, and a time to relax, and regroup for the new coming year!

I try very hard to not let myself get caught up in the "hustle and bustle" of running from house to house, especially now that my kids are getting older!.. I want to create memories for them, and I don't want Christmas to be one big Blur of running like crazy people!
I hope you all do that for yourselves.. Your bodies will Thank you!! :-)

In other great news.. Luca is now a full time preschool student!!!
He has been a Huge handful to say the least, he is Very strong willed, and has a bit of a temper, oh and he is the "baby of the family", so those combined equals a VERY tough toddler to deal with day in and day out!

He was wearing me to the core, and I was at my wits end on how to deal with him in certain areas.. SO.. a Neighbor lady and I were talking about school, and I was discussing the trouble I was having with Luca, and she mentioned a preschool in our school system that deals with kids who deal with all sorts of things, particularly separation anxiety.. Luca has been SOO attached to me, and I have to say when he was little it was cute.. But at 3 1/2 IT IS NOT!..

So, long story short, he was accepted into the school, and now goes 5 days a week 12:30-3:10.. The first couple days were very rough, but now after going 3 weeks, he LOVES it!.. he has a Teacher, and a teachers helper, and he loves them both! GOD BLESS Miss Kelly, and Miss Marcy!!!.. He is learning things, meeting new kids his age, and Thriving!.. and... I GET A DAILY BREAK!!!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It really has been the best thing for him, and ME!

He will finish out this year, and go all next year.. and after that drum roll please.... ALL DAY KINDERGARTEN!!!!!!!!!!!.. Yes, I am excited!.. I know its isn't "politically correct" to be excited to send your last born off to school, but you know what?.. I'm being real here!.. I love all my boys, and yes I am sentimental about my last born off to school.. but you know what?.. I have been a full time stay at home mom for over 9 years.. so I am Ready!!, and I know he will be too!

So, I hope everyone is enjoying their Thanksgiving weekend, Try to time to remember those with Less.. We have SO MUCH to be Thankful for!!!

No comments: